Fishing Club around Oldham/Manchester.

rocketmandan

Reaction score
Hi All,

Anyone got any recomendations for a decent club to join around Oldham/Manchester?

I live in Chadderton so anything nearby would be good.

Thanks,
Danny.

bft

Reaction score
Hi im a member of Shaw Anglers they have 3 waters one in Chadderton the Ram Mill ,one in Royton the Waddy and one in Shaw/high crompton called Redhill, Its £20 a year but theres a one off joining fee think its another £20 or so, Club meetings are held at The Comrades club on Manchester road Shaw on the second Wed of the month,Give Derek a ring on 01706849480,hes the club sec. Brilliant value for the money.

bigfish74

Reaction score
salford freindly anglers free to join accuiring more waters just google it joining only takes an email

andy

The bad one

Reaction score
Saddleworth Angling Society is worth joining, some good waters Ogden Res a lot of mill dams around Saddleworth and a few lengths of river fishing.
Membership £50 plus joining fee first year £18 for coarse only.

manx69

Reaction score
BFT, is 1 of theirs just past tandlehill park? think ive heard a name of starkys farm off thornham lane,i live in royton and was looking around but i dont know who runs it there is also 1 off thornahm new road.
cheers for anyhelp that you or anyone else can give as im also looking to join a club.

bft

Reaction score
Sorry not been on for a while, There are 2 waters on Thornham lane just past Tandlehills the one nearest to Rochdale road is the Tile lodge which is run by Socials angling club, think the secretary is called Larry Hazeldean he lives in Royton if you continue down Thornham lane and go past the Tandlehill tavern theres a small water in a farmers field but I think he stopped all fishing there. Going back to Rochdale road if you continue down towards Rochdale theres a pub on the left just before the motorway bridge ( used to have a pullman railway carriage as a dining room ) if you turn up the farm track thats at the side of the pub the Yew Tree theres a water behind that called Dunlop ,Members only ,used to be a member but got peed off by the constant drone of traffic coming from the M62.

slaphead

Reaction score
salford freindly anglers free to join accuiring more waters just google it joining only takes an email

E-mailed about 3 times and had no reply. :confused:

Have you looked at Todmorden Angling Society?

bft

Reaction score
Yes Tod is a good club and worth joining for the canal alone, I used to be a member but stopped going when my mate dropped out, I used to fish the stretch behind the sports pitches off Tod Road the stretch where theres one row of cottages, some huge Carp to be had under them bushes,was ripped off a few times whilst fishing for silvers. I am also a member of Paris piscatorials above Holmfirth ( little area called Paris ) a superb little water which contains a bit of everything apart from Pike ,its even got a sturgeon which ive seen landed ,Its a factory lodge all fenced in with a Toilet hut,£35 a year but they give you £10 off the next years membership if you do a working party. Also I have a caravan on Anglesey and fish down there quite a bit in the summer so I cant justify the expense of re joining Tod .

slaphead

Reaction score
We took our caravan down to Anglesey in June last year, fished Llyn y Gors and Tyddyn Sargent thanks to the patience of my wife. ;)

bigfish74

Reaction score
E-mailed about 3 times and had no reply. :confused:

Have you looked at Todmorden Angling Society?

Sorry for late reply mike our chairman sends out reply emails once a month so as long as youve sent one your fine to fish the waters

Andy

bft

Reaction score
Slaphead, I have fished both LlynY Gors and Tyddn sargent several times , Llyn y Gors has been badly neglected over the years and the last few matches I have fished there we really struggled ,the place was also full of Rats ,I understand that new owners are now in place and are doing some work on the place ,will have a look in the spring when I Open up my caravan. Tyddn Sergeant is a good little water and you can knock up a good weight of skimmers/roach on the pellet,the only problems are 1 its very shallow and not enough pegs as its only 2 sided and the far bank is a farmers field. I have found a cracking water called Llyn Blodyn, its at Lligwy beach just after Moelfre its full of hard fighting carp ( simmonds ) also full of silvers, its £8 a day and in a stunning location overlooking the beach thats unless your on the dam wall then you will have your back to the beach. I also travel to Criccieth and fish Bron Effion and also Eisteddfa fisheries, Bron Effion is a fantastic water stuffed with F1 s Mirrors and Ghosties and thousands of silvers,at times the problem can be getting through them to the carp ,I would never take maggots to this water because as soon as they touch the water they are taken,There are some seriously big perch in this water and 3 years ago I had one out at 5lb 10 oz ,It took a grain of sweetcorn as i was fishing for carp. This has got to be the best day ticket water in North wales. Eiseddfa is on the road out of Criccieth heading to Porthmadog. Its got a match lake with a good head of fish but nothing like Bron Effion, its also got a specimen carp lake and Trout lake , Ive only ever fished the match lake but had some good results.

slaphead

Reaction score
Sorry for late reply mike our chairman sends out reply emails once a month so as long as youve sent one your fine to fish the waters

Cheers bigfish74 (Andy), I assume that I won't run into any bailiffs. :D

bft, I had a look at Llyn Blodyn when we were down there, also had a look at Llyn Alaw, but didn't fish either. Have you ever fished Conwy Water Gardens?

Thanks to both of you

bft

Reaction score
Slaphead, Yes ive fished Conwy water gardens quite a few times,The staff there have no Idea how to run a fishery,they are more interested in running the garden centre ,Ive fished quite a few matches on the main lake and we have had to peg round pleasure anglers who have been on the allocated match pegs however this has not posed too much of a problem, The staff also from time to time ask anglers for Roach etc to feed the captive otters which you can hear screaching all day long. The fishing however on the big main lake is v good ,I won a match earlier this month with 13lb plus of Roach ,its about 9 foot deep and full of Carp/chubb and Bream, In the summer its well worth fishing the edge for Carp and there are some proper lumps to be had . Theres also 2 other lakes a match canal above the main lake which is about 18 inches and not a lot in there,also a lake on the bottom of the complex which used to be good but over the last few years all the carp seem to have gone! but you can bag up on skimmers and roach. The staff at the garden centre will come round whilst you are fishing and take food orders for bacon butties etc and then bring them to your peg, Theres also a small amount of tackle for sale in the shop but very basic stuff. The scenery there is stunning ,just hope those Otters never escape from their compound as they would destroy the place.

slaphead

Reaction score
Thanks, I have been visiting Rowen for over 40 years and didn't know there was fishing there until last year when speaking with a local in the Ty Gwyn pub. .

bft

Reaction score
Ive got another match on Rowen middle of next month, Ill take the caster as its a roach a chuck and u gett better ones on caster, Also feed a bit of hemp with the caster, Only problem is if it stays mild the carp might start to play ! Have u fished Llyn Bodafon on Anglesey its near to Blodyn but instead of turning right off the main road take a left turn up the hill ,its the highest point on Anglesey ,the water is on your right as you get to the top of the hill.Its free fishing and only a handfull of pegs ,Its stuffed with Roach and perch ,ive not had anything else out but last year I witnessed a pike striking at the roach on the road side,its only very shallow about 2 foot max but ive had a few good evenings there bagging on the roach /perch .

bribble

Reaction score
Todmorden Angling Society have stillwaters in the Todmorden,Littleborough and towards Burnley area plus 13 miles of canal fishing on the Rochdale Canal..Full details can be found on the website Todmorden Angling Society Home Page.
Membership is open currently at £37 senior(£47 after 31-1-2015) or £25 concessions £11 junior under 16 yrs.Membership runs from Jan 1st until December 31st. Stillwaters are stocked annually.

nava

Reaction score
Bit of a long shot but has anybody got any contact details for Shaw Angling Club? I live in Shaw and fancy joining if there is no waiting list.

slaphead

Reaction score
Only info I can find, is club meetings are held at The Comrades Club, 01706849480 is the club secs tel. no.

The info was posted on this forum in 2013 so may well be out of date, but I hope it is of use to you.

Jim

nava

Reaction score
Only info I can find, is club meetings are held at The Comrades Club, 01706849480 is the club secs tel. no.

The info was posted on this forum in 2013 so may well be out of date, but I hope it is of use to you.

Jim

Managed to get in touch with the lad that runs it. Cheers Slaphead :thumbs: