Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Fishing Club around Oldham/Manchester.

Hi All,

Anyone got any recomendations for a decent club to join around Oldham/Manchester?

I live in Chadderton so anything nearby would be good.

Thanks,
    Danny.

Default Re: Fishing Club around Oldham/Manchester.

Hi im a member of Shaw Anglers they have 3 waters one in Chadderton the Ram Mill ,one in Royton the Waddy and one in Shaw/high crompton called Redhill, Its £20 a year but theres a one off joining fee think its another £20 or so, Club meetings are held at The Comrades club on Manchester road Shaw on the second Wed of the month,Give Derek a ring on 01706849480,hes the club sec. Brilliant value for the money.

salford freindly anglers free to join accuiring more waters just google it joining only takes an email

andy
    You really dont want me to open this can of whoopass

Blog Entries

Saddleworth Angling Society is worth joining, some good waters Ogden Res a lot of mill dams around Saddleworth and a few lengths of river fishing.
    Membership £50 plus joining fee first year £18 for coarse only.

BFT, is 1 of theirs just past tandlehill park? think ive heard a name of starkys farm off thornham lane,i live in royton and was looking around but i dont know who runs it there is also 1 off thornahm new road.
    cheers for anyhelp that you or anyone else can give as im also looking to join a club.

Sorry not been on for a while, There are 2 waters on Thornham lane just past Tandlehills the one nearest to Rochdale road is the Tile lodge which is run by Socials angling club, think the secretary is called Larry Hazeldean he lives in Royton if you continue down Thornham lane and go past the Tandlehill tavern theres a small water in a farmers field but I think he stopped all fishing there. Going back to Rochdale road if you continue down towards Rochdale theres a pub on the left just before the motorway bridge ( used to have a pullman railway carriage as a dining room ) if you turn up the farm track thats at the side of the pub the Yew Tree theres a water behind that called Dunlop ,Members only ,used to be a member but got peed off by the constant drone of traffic coming from the M62.

salford freindly anglers free to join accuiring more waters just google it joining only takes an email
    E-mailed about 3 times and had no reply.

Have you looked at Todmorden Angling Society?
    I may be old, but I ain't dead yet.

Yes Tod is a good club and worth joining for the canal alone, I used to be a member but stopped going when my mate dropped out, I used to fish the stretch behind the sports pitches off Tod Road the stretch where theres one row of cottages, some huge Carp to be had under them bushes,was ripped off a few times whilst fishing for silvers. I am also a member of Paris piscatorials above Holmfirth ( little area called Paris ) a superb little water which contains a bit of everything apart from Pike ,its even got a sturgeon which ive seen landed ,Its a factory lodge all fenced in with a Toilet hut,£35 a year but they give you £10 off the next years membership if you do a working party. Also I have a caravan on Anglesey and fish down there quite a bit in the summer so I cant justify the expense of re joining Tod .

We took our caravan down to Anglesey in June last year, fished Llyn y Gors and Tyddyn Sargent thanks to the patience of my wife.
    I may be old, but I ain't dead yet.

Quote Originally Posted by slaphead View Post
    E-mailed about 3 times and had no reply.

Have you looked at Todmorden Angling Society?
    Sorry for late reply mike our chairman sends out reply emails once a month so as long as youve sent one your fine to fish the waters

Andy
    You really dont want me to open this can of whoopass

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast