Uxbridge Rovers or Gerrards Cross

sampras43

Reaction score
Hi,

Current UR member and thinking about shifting to Gerrards Cross. For those who have fished both club's waters, if you had to pick one, which one would you opt for? Membership is about the same but on face value Gerrards Cross seems to have a better selection of waters.

Any comments, on here or sent privately, would be most welcome.

I like both lake and river fishing.

thanks

carpsterella

Reaction score
Hi. Im in exactly the same situation myself. Uxbridge rovers looks good on paper - but ive been out walking and the swims i have seen look totally overgrown and forgotten about. Id hate to spend the £81 and then find its a waste of money! Can anyone provide information as to which of these clubs is the best to join? Money is tight these days so im trying not to waste it - cant afford to join both. Thanks in advance

carpsterella

Reaction score
Hi. Well I've moved from carp fishing back into recreational course fishing - and am trying to find places locally I can fish for perch / roach / tench etc - where there's plenty of float action - partly because I'm trying to introduce my daughter to fishing. I've taken her to the canal a few times - but it's been pretty dire. The odd tiny perch and a few silverfish etc. Would also be nice to have a few lakes I could fish for carp once in a while - but mainly it would be for float fishing with my daughter