High Wycombe and Thames Angling Club

gaknowles

Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone help? I dont get much opportunity to get out and wet a line but recently Istarted looking for a local lake that I could get to know and fish once or twice a week. I have found a local lake that looks ideal , it states it is run by HWTAC High Wycombe and Thames Angling Club. I have looked everywhere to try to find contact details for the club but just cant seem to find anyone.

Does anyone on the forum know or can help direct me in the right directino

Many thanks in advance for any help

Gerry

gaknowles

Reaction score
Thank you Peter , I will get in touch with him and see if he can help

Gerry

gaknowles

Reaction score
Peter,

Nope it isnt Rolfs lake that runs this one . Not sure where to try next?

Gerry
:(

Red Army

Reaction score
Have you tried Marlow Angling Club? Where is that lake exactly? You may also want to contact the Tring Anglers, it's most probably not one of their waters but there are a couple of folks there who know very well all the fisheries and owners in Bucks and around. If you want pm me and I'll give you contact details of someone you can contact there in TTA. In the area there's also RDAA, LBAC, MKAA and to some extent Luton AC. That said there are also some lakes belonging to local associations, e.g. Victoria in Dinton or privately owned but where you can fish for a small fee, i.e the one in Bierton.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Marlow Angling Club has waters around Marlow including pits , the Thames and some small waters near Beaconsfield which are very small ponds on private land

Not to say the club you're talking about doesn't exist, but I have never heard of them and I live close to the area.....If it is Marlow waters then ask some questions OR READ the Thread 'Perch fishing in Marlow' that was posted only a week or so ago !!

When you say you've 'found a lake' can you be more specific ??

You can PM me if you wish and I'll try to help you if I can................................

Ramram

Reaction score
I'm almost certain this mysterious lake is in Kingsey outside Aylesbury.

There is no mention of this club anywhere online, and no local fishermen I know have any knowledge of it.

I fished here as a child and would love to revisit it, I went to the site which has a footpath past the car park but the people near their cars refused any information!

I last joined this club around the mid 90's when marsh tackle in Wycombe was still running, now it is all but unknown...

Very strange and frustrating!

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
You are correct, their lake is in Kingsey in fact they have 2. The other is on the other side of the road to the west.
We ( the Tring anglers) have interclub matches against them on their stretch of Thames at Shillingford. I think you need to know a member or the family who run the club to get a chance of joining. I believe there's a waiting list...

Reaction score
No,that's Reading or Bury Park(Luton) or Leicester,or Bradford,or,or,or...:)