Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cottam 2100 River trent

permits are now available for the Cottam 2100 Club which owns the angling rights to a fine length of the tidal Trent and lake alongside Cottam Power Station, near Rampton village.

Many of the pegs have car parking behind them and the river is home to top quality barbell well into double figures as well as wild carp and bream for the specimen anglers.

Good river pike and perch as well as the elusive zander are available for the predator hunters.

For the pleasure anglers there are abundant nets of roach, skimmers and hybrids etc.

All this costs £20 a year

For further information

Call or Text Steve on 07534305885
    Last edited by megawatt; 28-01-2017 at 21:35.

Default Re: Cottam 2100 River trent

So can anyone join?

No mate , I've spoke to the bloke who says it's private and not open for membership

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Hatton View Post
    So can anyone join?
    In the past yes, must say I,m surprised to hear that it's not so today ????.
    I used to fish the stretch with my dad as a boy on the old S&DAA book and years later I held membership of the Cottom power station club in the late eighties /early nineties.
    I renewed my membership some ten years ago but have since let it go .
    Good stick float country.

Steve has roughly 20 memberships left available for the stretch and the lakes

---------- Post added at 14:24 ---------- Previous post was at 14:23 ----------

Give him a call 07534305885

Where does the stretch start and end towards torksey or after rampton island?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by strat100z View Post
    Where does the stretch start and end towards torksey or after rampton island?
    Rampton island used to be the freehold property of the old Sheffield and district angling association, tho since the club no longer functions I believe it was given to another club active on the tidal reaches.
    The cottom clubs water starts some way below it and to the best of my knowledge extends as far downstream as the now unused railway bridge near Torksey.
    Things may have altered since I last fished there but I hope the above helps .

Thank you very much it most certainly does .so on google earth the lake behind that stretch must be there carp water.

Blog Entries

Most likely, there were carp in the lake when I was a member but it was a few years ago so things could have changed somewhat.
    ps-- have a run down there and have a walk around, also take care down the track to the section of river as its a very long one, maybe over a mile that used to be badly rutted , it was a thing with me at the time only having a small car that didnt help on the day.
    Last edited by flightliner; 29-03-2017 at 18:10.

There is always a catch isnt there,a mile or so walk or risk the car Will be going for a look this weekend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast