fishing club near adlington

dangermouse1978

Reaction score
hi, i've been lurking on the forum for a few years, after a lay off from fishing of nearly 10 years i'm looking for a local club to join, i'm not the worlds best fisherman but enjoy the crack of match fishing, any help would be apriciated

matt

thecrow

Reaction score
Matt, where are you, hard to suggest anywhere without knowing?.

I think he is on the red rose side Mick :)

---------- Post added at 19:36 ---------- Previous post was at 19:34 ----------

hi, i've been lurking on the forum for a few years, after a lay off from fishing of nearly 10 years i'm looking for a local club to join, i'm not the worlds best fisherman but enjoy the crack of match fishing, any help would be apriciated

matt

Don't know if this is of any use Fishing Club, Fishery & Fishing Pools In Chorley, Leyland, Preston & Blackburn

www.chorleykingfishers.co.uk/

www.3ws.co.uk/fishing-clubs.php/Lancashire/41/2/

wigandistrictangling.co.uk/

Last edited:

greenie62

Reaction score
.... any help would be apriciated ...

If you mean the Adlington, between Bolton and Chorley, then try dropping in at Croft Fisheries in Grimeford Lane towards Rivington where they have regular matches and speak to a few of the lads on there. They may point you in the right direction - on the other hand.....:eek::D:D

I know there are other "Adlington"s around the area - so give us a clue!
If it's the one mentioned, then Wigan&DAA are probably your best bet Home - Wigan District Angling Association

Tight Lines!

dangermouse1978

Reaction score
hi, it is adlington near chorley, i've just joined wigan daa, but it seems a bit hit and miss as to when the canal matches are

greenie62

Reaction score
If you have a look at the Club's website, it has a list of the club matches for each month. For example:
August Matches
Members Only
Wednesday – Draw – 10:00
Fish – 11:00 till 15:00
Saturday & Sundays – Draw – 9;30
Fish – 10;30 till 14;30

WED – 2 – LAY BYS
SAT – 5 – D W STADIUM
SUN – 6 – RING O BELLS
WED – 9 – NAVIGATION
SAT – 12 – DOVER LOCK
SUN – 13 – BURSCOUGH
WED – 16 – ADLINGTON MARINA
SAT – 19 – MEADOW LANE RUFFORD
SUN – 20 – PARBOLD
WED – 23 – CROOKE
SAT – 26 – PINFOLD LANE
SUN – 27 – BURSCOUGH
WED – 30 – MARTLAND MILL​

The site has contact details for the Match Secretary. In addition there also seems to be weekly opens on the Moat. Again the Match Secretary should be able to give you details/contacts.

Let us know how you get on - Tight Lines!

dangermouse1978

Reaction score
cheers, thanks for the information, i'll hopefully be able to get out in the next couple of weeks

Reaction score
Pop into adlington angling centre and ask Andy he should. Be able to point you in tight direction harrys fishery in adlington runs lots of open matches on weekends decent place to fish as well.