North Somerset fishing clubs?

Bobnewboy

Reaction score
Hi All, the missus and I are moving to northwest Somerset for good. I haven’t ever been a fishing club member but I think it would be a good idea, as it should improve my fishing skills. I am currently a coarse angler who enjoys weekly pleasure fishing.

I will be looking for an active club with one or two waters (rivers or still waters, or both) to the west of Taunton if at all possible. My research thus far has only thrown up loose, paid ticket associations, but not much by way of a club where the members meet up etc

I’d be very grateful for any suggested clubs in the area and especially those with recommendations:)

Cheers, Bob

theartist

Reaction score
Hi Bob you're not moving to a bad area for fishing

Glaston Manor have got lots of rivers plus they do a 28 day pass so you could even try them out first which is a great idea, they also belong to the SLAAC which is the Somerset Levels Association of Clubs which has access to more waters. The River Brue is a real cracker

I've fished a lot of free rivers round there but these are nice places to wet a line even with the missus in tow

Taunton on the River Tone at French Weir
Bristol Frome at Snuff Mills
River Chew at Keynsham

Sorry just read the "To the West of Taunton bit" Oops

Last edited:

Bobnewboy

Reaction score
Hello, thanks for the suggestions. I shall look into them. If anyone else has any suggested clubs to the west of Taunton, and perhaps in north East Devon, I’d be glad to hear them.

Cheers, Bob