Waterbeach Angling Club, Cambridge

Colin Brett

Reaction score
We are a small club just north of Cambridge with several sections on the River Cam at would you believe Waterbeach. The Cam is a slow moving Fenland river with big shoals of bream, plenty of roach and Tench, plus some really big Rudd. Carp to over 35lbs are also present, so all in all not a bad little river.
We also have a fishery in Landbeach the next door village. This consists of 3 lakes [at present, soon to be 4] Leland Water, Atkins Water and Magpie lake. We are constructing a new silver fish lake which should be open in a couple of years, it just needs to mature and get some fish in it.
Leland Water is our big fish water with carp up to 37lbs plus several other 30s and plenty of 20s. Costs £15 a day for 2 rods but day tickets must be booked in advance. We encourage experienced carp anglers to come along with the correct tackle. The other 2 lakes are doughnut shaped and contain carp, rudd, roach, bream, tench etc. Magpie is a designated day ticket water with tickets available on the bank [concessions available] Atkins is both a day ticket and members lake so purchase a club book to fish free from April 1st to March31st. Again concessions are available.
Checkout our website www.waterbeachac.co.uk and our Facebook page to see our superb fisheries
Atkins today 2.jpgmagpie today 2.jpg

Last edited:

theartist

Reaction score
I was recently looking at your clubs webpage Colin regarding your sections of the Cam, I think there could be more interest on a forum like this for your river stretches that hold 2lb Rudd with the new river season approaching :thumbs:

Colin Brett

Reaction score
Downstream of Bottisham lock best to walk away from the few that will be in the first section. Beyond the Kissing gate then work your way along. Best times in the evenings. Pennywort is a problem in late summer.
Good luck

flightliner

Reaction score
Downstream of Bottisham lock best to walk away from the few that will be in the first section. Beyond the Kissing gate then work your way along. Best times in the evenings. Pennywort is a problem in late summer.
Good luck

Sounds really nice Colin and those Rudd sound mouth-wateringly good!!!
I was down at Bottisham a fortnight ago to attend the Zander anglers mini conferance .
Sadly the round trip from Sheffield was rather a long one so unfortunately I will have to say I won't be able to get down there as much as I'd like to.
I hope your post has the effect you hope for!

theartist

Reaction score
I'll give that a go sometime Colin and will put up a catch report regardless on how I got on, cheers

Colin Brett

Reaction score
I was at the ZAC do as well, heckling my fishing partner Alan Ward about fly fishing for predators. Small world.

Reaction score
I have fished Magpie a couple of times quite a few years ago I think,it is a very short distance from the A10 isn't it?

Reaction score
Sorry Colin,just seen this,thanks,a very picturesque place as I remember...

flightliner

Reaction score
Colin, a shame we didn't know of each other's presence that the z a club, a very good day out that I enjoyed immensely.
Trent zed man (a friend of mine) Ian wilson was due to give a talk but circumstances prevented it so his friend Steve Lyons did the honours .