ACES vs CHAVS 2010 - The Next Chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
The 2009 instalment of the series received good reviews and the move to a more central venue seemed popular. The ACES are leading the series 3-1, so the CHAVS have a hopeless task to try and catch up.

Anyone up for another contribution to "Neil's Benevolent Fund"?

Probable details:

Date: Saturday 30th October 2010
Venue: Clattercote Reservoir near Banbury
Cost: £7.00 per person

I'm sure we will arrange a pre-match breakfast and post match presentation at our usual pub venue!

I'll probably book 30 pegs but will revise that if necessary.

For the uninitiated, the annual Chavs vs Aces event is a very low key team competition with the emphasis very much on the social and fun side of a day out. This will be the fifth running of the "battle".

Two teams will be created from the entrants, the "selection" being decided by age. Nominally "over 50's" (The Aces) vs "under 50's" (The Chavs). The dividing line is usually very fluid and changes regularly right up to the "all in" on the day of the match itself. My decision is FINAL! :D

The move in venue was designed to attract a wider and bigger participation within FM, which appeared to work last year. So everyone is very welcome particularly the tried and tested match anglers who will be on my team!

Please use this thread to indicate your interest. I'll add more detailed information later.

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Hi Neil

Can't believe I am the first to put my name down, but pencil me in. At least with me blanking it will give the Chavs a chance........!!!

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Reaction score
Two teams will be created from the entrants, the "selection" being decided by age. Nominally "over 50's" (The Aces) vs "under 50's" (The Chavs). The dividing line is usually very fluid and changes regularly right up to the "all in" on the day of the match itself. :D

Judging by the number of incontinence pads --It's VERY fluid !!

J K

Reaction score
I'm in, can't let Kevin blank on his own.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Pencil me in. It all depends on if I can stay at my sisters. Only 1hr from hers, over 3hrs from home.

Colin North the one and only

Reaction score
Pencil Sue and I in please Neil. We are now both Aces, on the basis of 50 being the dividing line, but neither of is mind if you want us in the Chavs team, assumng they will have us.

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Oh go on then, stick me down :)

Although I am well over the limit these days, can I stay in the Chavs team? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.