Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default ACES vs CHAVS 2010 - The Next Chapter

The 2009 instalment of the series received good reviews and the move to a more central venue seemed popular. The ACES are leading the series 3-1, so the CHAVS have a hopeless task to try and catch up.

Anyone up for another contribution to "Neil's Benevolent Fund"?

Probable details:

Date: Saturday 30th October 2010
    Venue: Clattercote Reservoir near Banbury
    Cost: £7.00 per person

I'm sure we will arrange a pre-match breakfast and post match presentation at our usual pub venue!

I'll probably book 30 pegs but will revise that if necessary.

For the uninitiated, the annual Chavs vs Aces event is a very low key team competition with the emphasis very much on the social and fun side of a day out. This will be the fifth running of the "battle".

Two teams will be created from the entrants, the "selection" being decided by age. Nominally "over 50's" (The Aces) vs "under 50's" (The Chavs). The dividing line is usually very fluid and changes regularly right up to the "all in" on the day of the match itself. My decision is FINAL!

The move in venue was designed to attract a wider and bigger participation within FM, which appeared to work last year. So everyone is very welcome particularly the tried and tested match anglers who will be on my team!

Please use this thread to indicate your interest. I'll add more detailed information later.

Hi Neil

Can't believe I am the first to put my name down, but pencil me in. At least with me blanking it will give the Chavs a chance........!!!
    Still not sure what's going on

And for the first time ever, pencil me in Neil.

I have just got my junior license, so stick me down for the Chavs.
    PaSC Junior Development Officer ><((((°>

Blog Entries

I'm in .....
    Fancy a pint?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Maidment View Post

Two teams will be created from the entrants, the "selection" being decided by age. Nominally "over 50's" (The Aces) vs "under 50's" (The Chavs). The dividing line is usually very fluid and changes regularly right up to the "all in" on the day of the match itself.

Judging by the number of incontinence pads --It's VERY fluid !!
    It's a fine line between genius and madness -- I wish I knew which side of it I'm on !

Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
    Blog Entries

Sorry fellow chavs, I have a pre-booked commitment for that Saturday so I'll have to wait another 12 months for the next round.
    I believe in reintarnation - I'll come back to life as a hillbilly.

Blog Entries

Notwithstanding the fact that I can't believe that the Chavs want another a$$-whopping, pencil me in Neil.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Blog Entries

Count me in please.

9. Default

count me in please

I shall be available for the first time...be gentle with me...you be as rough as you like with Corkers!!!
    He is every other inch a gentleman.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast