Blenheim : Final Arrangements

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Reminder of the boat pairings and that we are meeting outside the gates at Blenheim at 0615 on Sat 25th September...setting sail by 0700.

Skippy & Phil
Uncle Dave & Les Clark
Will Barnard & Friend
Spiders & Slime
Graham Marsden & Ed
Graham & Scott Whatmore
Steve & Wendi Spiller
JK (john) & Woody
Neil Maidment & Nigel Connor
Fred Bonney & Peter Crabtree (simon)
Grumpy & Muffin
Posh Paul & Peter Jacobs
Ray & Jack Clarke
Tom & Ben Clarke
Mark Hewitt plus 1
Wol & Andy sitting on someones lap UNLESS somebody drops out

Apres ski at the campsite but I'm not sure if Wol is cooking or not.

Pirate gear is optional but there be a fine bottle of grog for the best lookin pirate ie the most convincing one not wearing their normal clothes & artificial limbs. Peter J did suggest a sweep for the biggest tench...we'll sort that out on the day and as Peter has been unwell I dont know if he'll be there or not.

Travel light cos the boats aint that big and the hill is steep.A float rod is probably all you need...a lead rod as well if you like.Caster,hemp,corn,pellet all work for the tench as do WORMS and there are some very big perch in there who like both a worm and a spinner. The bream like a bit of groundbait even though its banned & nobody pays any attention. Better to sit it out than move around.Dont fish too light. There is room in the punts for a proper chair [just] and you'll need one.

I will take a couple of pints of caster,same of hemp,a few maggot,a tin of corn and loads of worms.I will fish for tench & hope to snaffle some big stripeys.

We'll decide and end time when we get there but it wont be that late cos it will be pitch black by 2000...probably got to be off by 1900.

That's it. Directions from Google Maps or your Sat Nav.

Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire | Birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill | Trout Fishing

Any questions pm me or Ray or ask on here. Dont be late because parking inside the gates is a bit tight.

Skippy

Morespiders

Reaction score
Given the ballast on both of them I'll put one at either end and won't need the punt anchors.

We all wish Peter a speedy recovery - that's the best news we want for Blenheim

Thats your day over, I have never seen either of them catch a fish, watch your tackle with Gaunt, count every float, dont mention his blond streaks and grey roots, Nellist may give you a few pointers in case you ever need a divorce

slime monster

Reaction score
out of the parting Blenheim mist will come a fearful sight
a pirate punt out on the hunt for Tench as dark as night
Beware ye all do not near or try to fish aside her
for she is crewed by satans own
she bears the name...

slime-monster-albums-slimes-piccys-picture2212-004.jpg

S-Kippy

Reaction score
You truly are a strange,scary man.

In response to a question from Will re spinners here are the rules for Blenheim

Coarse fishing terms and conditions

Summer Open from 06.00am - 20.30pm. Winter open from 07.00am-Dusk.
Summertime 16th June - 31st October
Wintertime 1st November - 14th March
All boats MUST be returned to the boathouse at the end of your day.
Keep Nets are NOT permitted.
Ground baiting is prohibited and when fishing for Pike NO live bait is permitted.
No lead weights are allowed.
Suggested baits are: spinners; leuves, dead bait, mackerel (good for Pike); luncheon meat; sweetcorn; red and white maggots and bread.
A maximum of three persons are allowed in each boat.
All children (under 16) must be accompanied by an Adult.
Dogs are NOT allowed in the boat.
Life Jackets can be made available on request.
Children under 16 should wear Life Jackets, these can be supplied by us at no extra charge.
Bank fishing is NOT permitted, other than for local residents of Woodstock & Bladon.
Blenheim Palace does not accept responsibility for loss or damage to any personnel effects.
Rods & tackle are not supplied.
Due to Health and Safety no naked flames i.e. BBQ's; camping stoves etc are allowed on the boats

I would draw your particular attention to the requirement that all boats must be returned to the boathouse so even Pirates are not expected to

1. Abandon ship and swim in
2. Nick the boat

And no BBQ's on board ship....very important that one :eek:

Before anyone asks I have no idea what "leuves" are.:confused: I thought maybe "lives" but it specifically says "no livebaiting" and it cannot be "loaves" because it goes on to mention bread.????? I get the impression that whoever drew these rules up doesn't fish much.

Maybe "leuves" are yet another little known part of a bullock that makes good bait. Ron ?

Skippy

Last edited:

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I may be well off beam here but, from some previous posts and a dodgy FM bookings secretary, it seems there may be a possibility of slight overcrowding?? The spectre of a Le Mans style start for the premium boat places is not a prospect some members may relish. There are (at least) two solutions:

1: Venue Rules
Dogs are NOT allowed in the boat. One space created straight away. Andy "The Dog" Nellist talks too much anyway.

2: FM Rules
(sharp intake of breath)
Everyone welcome but members will have priority.
(exhale slowly)
I concede the term "member" has, of late, become a little blurred, but His Lordship's definition seems to sum it up:

"I thought I'd better post on this thread to let you know I'm still here as those that have started "I'm gone" threads have not posted on them again to let people know they are still gone

(Oh yes they have!!!)

I hope that made sense - may be those who have gone need to post again to let us know they are still gone and have not come back but not posting.

(Yep, done that too)

I've noticed Ron and Mark Wintle have not been posting but neither have started a "I'm Gone" thread so I assume they are both still here but just not posting - can members who are still here but not posting for whatever reason please post a post to say they are still here but not posting at present (they can leave a reason for not posting or not in their post, that bit of the post about not posting is optional)

And can anyone who's left but not started a "I'm gone" thread please start one and post that they are leaving and not posting as I have become confused as to who is here and no posting and who is not posting because they are no longer here.

Thanks to all those who are posting - I now know you're still here - and posting
"

There are "among us" some who are (allegedly) "not among us" and therefore could be placed at the back of the queue to wait for someone to fall in (or be pushed - no...... don't all rush).

Or we could all agree to tear up the resignation letter (how the hell do you leave a website anyway?) and if necessary I'll have the Brizzle Boy on my lap. At least he can bait my hook and land my fish for me.

:wh

(Yes, dear, I will have another beer. :w)

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Neil...I hope you are feeling better this morning.

As organiser and Pirate King I reserve the right to determine grid positions and I am on Pole.What happens after I weigh anchor & set sail is of no interest to me.One of either Wol or Andy is with Poshers if Peter cannot make it.T'other will have to crew with whichever ship has a spare berth.

And who's in ,out, posting or not posting makes no difference. I'm declaring a truce on pain of keelhauling. I've been on this since bloody February and I'm not having any petty girly squabbling spoiling it now.

All I ask is for everyone to turn up,be proper gentleman pirates & have a blinding good day...and to know what a "leuve" is.

Cap'n Skippy

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Skippy,

I've had a signal from Capt Rog Hill who is currently plying his trade on the Spanish Main. He is concerned that he and his First Mate Jimmy are not on the crew list for the raid in Oxfordshire! He also said something about "raising an Armada if its not sorted".

:eek:

Morespiders

Reaction score
Myself and the Slime have a new crew member boarding on the morning tide, goes by the name of Blind Pugh, manys the time he's been given the black spot, but he's still with us, old and gnarled he is now, but still s h i t hot at the old touch ledgering

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Skippy,

I've had a signal from Capt Rog Hill who is currently plying his trade on the Spanish Main. He is concerned that he and his First Mate Jimmy are not on the crew list for the raid in Oxfordshire! He also said something about "raising an Armada if its not sorted".

:eek:

**** ! I've gone & shagged this up big style.Cap'n Hill & Jimmy should indeed be on the roster.:eek:

I shall have to think about this & come up with a cunning plan sharpish.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Yes , you will need a cunning plan by the sounds of it Skip.

Will you be organising it again next year mate?:D

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Draw lots???

Timed sessions???

"Come in boat number 23 your time is up"

:D:wh

---------- Post added at 22:10 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

Has Skippy "left" the site yet?

:wh:p

I refer the Right Honourable Member to my reply given earlier in Another Place:

"Welcome to the very exclusive world of the FM Fish-In organiser"

Congratulations, you are now fully qualified!
:cool:

Reaction score
Smuggle a couple of them onto the punts...and then maroon them on a secluded bit of the banking..near some good pegs..where the Duke and the gamekeeper cannot be a seeing of them. Just like Ben Gunn......better not be one them PaSC types..or they'll be calling for cheese and be spotted!!

Ah haaa

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Thanks Derek....I knew I could rely on your support.

I'm fairly certain my services will not be required next year...of course if everybody had paid up when asked this wouldn't have happened.It might have helped if I could add up too !

Dont worry...I will think of something....er....:eek:

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 21:10 ----------

Draw lots???

Timed sessions???

"Come in boat number 23 your time is up"

:D:wh

---------- Post added at 22:10 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

Has Skippy "left" the site yet?

:wh:p

I refer the Right Honourable Member to my reply given earlier in Another Place:

"Welcome to the very exclusive world of the FM Fish-In organiser"

Congratulations, you are now fully qualified!

You're loving this aren't you :D

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Mark my words..........

......... any minute now.........

.... and it will be all my fault!

---------- Post added at 22:18 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

IMG_7222.JPG
IMG_7222.JPG

"Aye Aye Capn"