Marsh Farm 18th July

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Ok Guys the date for the FM fish in at Marsh farm is set for the Monday 18th July 2011.

Draw 8.30 am, Fish 10.00 am to 16.00 pm on Richardson Lake.

Just put your name down if you want to fish.

Cost is £7 per head, but if we get more than 10, then the cost goe's down to £6 per head.

You can get breakfast there before the draw.

Last edited:

Dave Slater

Reaction score
Ray
I won't know if I will be able to attend until nearer the time but I will attend if possible.
Just a couple of questions.
Firstly is the £7 to cover the cost of a day ticket? If so would I be exempt as I am a Godalming member and do not need to buy day tickets.
Secondly I usually go to Marsh Farm with another angler to split the cost of travelling. I do not think the friends I fish with there are FM regulars so would it be ok for somebody who does not go on FM to fish as well?
I did not fish there this week as it has not been too great on my more recent visits, so have fished locally for the last two weeks, but will be going next week and will let you know how I get on.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I do not think the friends I fish with there are FM regulars so would it be ok for somebody who does not go on FM to fish as well?
I can answer that, Dave. If it's an FM do, which this is, it's usually open to FM members AND FRIENDS. Hope Ray won't mind me saying that, but it encourages more people to join FM in the long run.

It would be nice to see you there and meet you at long last. :)

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Ray
I won't know if I will be able to attend until nearer the time but I will attend if possible.
Just a couple of questions.
Firstly is the £7 to cover the cost of a day ticket? If so would I be exempt as I am a Godalming member and do not need to buy day tickets.
Secondly I usually go to Marsh Farm with another angler to split the cost of travelling. I do not think the friends I fish with there are FM regulars so would it be ok for somebody who does not go on FM to fish as well?
I did not fish there this week as it has not been too great on my more recent visits, so have fished locally for the last two weeks, but will be going next week and will let you know how I get on.

Dave,

Firstly, I hope you can make the day

Secondly, The £7 is for the day ticket, FM makes nothing from the fish in's, so as a Godalming member i dont see why you should have to pay.

Thirdly, Your friends are more than welcome, as Jeff has already said.

Come on guys lets try and get a few more for the day if we can.

I will runup a list after the weekend, I am off Tenching....................:D

Thirdly, Your fiends are more than welcome, as Jeff has said.

Windy

Reaction score
Is this still on for the 18th July ? Bit confused with two threads running at once....

Whether formally arranged as an FM event or not I propose to be there on the 18th*, hope to see a few others there... ?

Last edited:

Dave Slater

Reaction score
Sorry but I won't be able to make it due to starting a new contract. The guy I am working with will be on holiday so I can't get the day off. I am only working mornings so I will still be able to have the odd Marsh Farm trip but will not get there until around teatime for my sessions there.
I hope you all have a good day and I am absolutely sure you will all catch. The tench still seem to be showing in numbers so expect some sport. I fished there on 2nd June and thought I had solved the problem of catching too many tench and not enough crucians. I used a different bait and, although I did not catch anything until very late, when the fish eventually started feeding I caught 7 crucians, including a brace of "threes". The three tench I caught were on the only three casts I had with my old bait. As I was starting the new contract this Monday I had a session on 16th June as I figured it may be a late one again so it was best to go there before starting the new job. I only took the new bait with me as I had done so well with the crucians on my last trip and I thought I would avoid the tench. WRONG. I caught 8 tench before I caught any crucians. The crucians again put in a late appearance and I caught 5 of them in the space of less than an hour. Then the tench started again and I caught another 3 before going home. Not a bad tally, 5 crucians, 11 tench and several roach. The tench seemed to be feeding in the day as much as in the night.
I have been fishing Harris lake but I believe even more tench, including some big ones, have been showing on Richardsons lake so you should all have a good day, possibly not with the crucians but definately with the tench. I would recommend asking in the shop for advice on baits as they are all very helpful, and knowledgeable on what is currently catching, and have all the going baits in stock.
If you want the crucians I would recommend hardly using any bait. If you put too much in the tench will push them out of the swim. The guys in the shop should be able to sort you something suitable out for hookbaits and feed. I have been doing best on pellets this year. For the tench paste is very good, the Source is a good one but I think trout pellet is probably the best. Loose feed with small pellets and put plenty in. This is what I do on the float and I would use the smallest float you can as the bites can be very finicky at Marsh Farm. I usually use a 3 No 4 insert crystal. Others do very well with open end feeders and corn hookbaits. Again put plenty of feed in. This can be done with the feeder.

Last edited:

barbelboi

Reaction score
No problem Dave that’s your ‘local knowledge handicap’ for the fish in – just turn up half an hour before the end..............................:wh