Catfish Fish-In 2011 anyone ?

Windy

Reaction score
As it says....

Last year didn't happen as it made way for the Mega Marsbar Bash of fondest memory, but before that we have a proud history of five (or is it six ?) years of reasonably succesful Catfish fish-in weekends.

OK, I'm the one person who still hasn't caught one :mad:, but I'm not going to complain when the 2009 fishin gave both me and Neneman Nick a PB pike each ;) and some other damn fine fish. The craigh on each occasion has been damn good. Not a competitive event, so a nice relaxed atmosphere.

Usually on a weekend towards the end of August, aiming for hot humid weather suited to Catfish activity, Friday evening through to Sunday afternoon. Say perhaps 19th - 21st or 26th - 28th ?

Need to have some idea of interested numbers before I can sort out the appropriate venue, chicken and egg and all that.... so an early response appreciated.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Last year didn't happen as it made way for the Mega Marsbar Bash of fondest memory

Which was a bit like the 60's, if you can remember anything from that weekend, then you weren't there . . . . . some are still recovering!

Depending on venue I might make it Windy . . . .

Windy

Reaction score
Todber Manor Paddock lake was the lead contender when the possibility of a 2010 fish in was discussed. See

SPECIMEN LAKE

7 swims, whole lake bookable at £150 for 24 hours / 2 x 150 - Friday pm to Sunday mid-day if they will do it that way, divided by 7 equals £43 a head in round figures. Does it for me.

Though don't get too previous, I haven't phoned them to check availability for those weekends yet.

Other contenders are Elphicks again, seemed generally popular with those attending in 2009. Beaver on the other hand didn't seem to appeal in last years discussions.

Any other venue suggestions gratefully

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I know Todber Manor pretty well Windy, fished there a fair few times, usually Big Hayes Lake.

I'd be up for that venue.

Pencil me in, as usual though; Project allowing of course . . . . .

Windy

Reaction score
Any more for any more ?

If there is no sufficient interest then so be it.

Sad if so, it's been a damn good craigh on each occasion in the past...