River Itchen Grayling day

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date
B

Bully

100% in.

And can we have another chilli please :eek:)

Which reminds me, you provided that at no cost to us last week but asked for a charity contribution. If you have one in mind post it and I will forward to them Nigel.

B

Bully

Nige - just one question. On the link you posted it seems to suggest that grayling fishing finishes at Christmas? Have you actually discussed this with them?

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

List so far:

Nigel Connor
Warren Gaunt
Lee Swords
Andy Renton
Michael Townsend
Graham Marsden
Sash
Mark Wintle
Paul Williams
Mark Hewitt
Andy Nellist
John Huntley
Bully
Wendy P

Bully, I collected ?60.00 for the ACA which I posted off yesterday.I'm sure you put something in so do not worry.

As to the dates, I noticed that.The December cut off is for the fly anglers I think, although why you cannot fish the fly after that given the Grayling season goes right through I cannot explain.The date of the 24th was provided by the fishery themselves in response to an e-mail so it is certainly kosher.

Looking at the stretch it is much more spread out so I do not how feasible it will be to get together for lunch again but we will see.If Swordsy is coming, I might be tempted to hand it over to the preofessional.

P

paul williams 2

IF Swordsie comes and needs someone to oversee the cooking then i will gladley volenteer?....

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Just sneaked in there PJ.That makes 15.

I will run a reserve list in case of anyone dropping out.I will also contact the fishery to see if it can feasibly accomodate 2 or 3 more.It certainly looks big enough.I know Neil M and Barry Edney said they would be keen to come on another after the Kennet trip.

B

Bully

Nige - thanks. I'll be sending ?10 to ACA. Well worth it for that chilli!

C

Coops

Bugger, didn't pick this thread up early enough. Put me on the reserve list please, I would love to fish the Itchen.

B

Bully

Hey Coops, you OK? I may still have a day before hand anyway if you fancy meeting up?

Not sure if it is possible to book individual slots but I am going to check anyway. I loved last Saturday, it was great fun.

You still up Northampton way?

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Bully thats very kind. I think they do individual tickets but the cost is a little higher.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Looks as though I'm a reserve as well!

Definately will turn up if someone drops out.

P

paul williams 2

WILLIE WONKA......thats nearly as bad as brummie!!.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Nigel, I've missed it again aint I!

Have you looked at Wols link? It said days can be booked for up to 25 anglers???

If so, please put me and Jeff down for sure.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
No, no dace. No grayling either. In fact I don't think there's anything worth fishing for at all.

I reckon you'd all be better going somewhere else on that day.

Nigel, let me know if there are any spare spaces!!!!