River Itchen Grayling day

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date
N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Steve,

I think that is for the trout fishing when all the river is available.The water for coarse fishing is more restricted so the maximum numbers are less I suspect.

15 was the number given as the minimum required to have the all the available beats.I will check tomorrow to see whether that is also the maximum number.

Anyway the list so far is:

Nigel Connor
Warren Gaunt
Lee Swords
Andy Renton
Michael Townsend
Graham Marsden
Sash
Mark Wintle
Paul Williams
Mark Hewitt
Andy Nellist
John Huntley
Bully
Wendy
Peter J

Reserve list:

Coops
Frosty
DB and Jeff
Neil M

That makes a round twenty in total.

I'll post tomorrow once I have double checked with the fishery as to maximum numbers.There certainly looks enough water for it not to be crowded and hopefully everyone can get on.Weather permitting, it should be a good day.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I would have loved to have gone. Been at work all day (no access to FM) then Lee's BS talk. Bugger.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Matt, I'm sure someone will drop out between then and now so I would not worry.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
If it were practical (which it isn't) I would definitely be up for it. My present physical state is precluding me from all sorts of goodies like these grayling days for instance, how I wished I could have been there on the last one, but I can't stand up for 10 minutes let alone walk a riverbank.

I had a fleeting thought that by the date of this one I would be alright but I didn't put my name up because I didn't want to take a place on the off chance that someone who could definitely go could have.

Ah! well such is life.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Graham, you need to time your comeback carefully.The Clattercote match must be the one!We can stick you in peg 1 and you can haul carp out to your heart's content :)

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Graham, don't worry, I'll wheel you to your swim in my carp barrow!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Graham W.

I'd echo Graham M's words. If you are up to it I'll come down and drive you to the venue, so don't rule this one out yet.

Nigel,

Any news on the maximum number on the venue?

If it is as first thought then maybe we can get enough people interested to make it a weekend deal - Saturday and Sunday block booked for FM?

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Peg 50 then up by the jungle?

Seriously on the Itchen,I think access is pretty good as a track runs parallel to the river.We can see nearer the time as I am sure there will be some spare capacity if people have to drop out.

No news as yet Peter.

Y

yoggy

Put me down as well mate,just in case someone drops out.I fished the Test this year,Great fun.

B

Barry Edney

Ah.... looks like I got in a liitle late on this one.

Never mind, if Yoggy is 5th reserve, can I be 6th?

Any takers for 7th reserve???

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Innit nice to have friends eh!

If I'm anything like I may just come down and have a walk along the bank, would that be allowed Nigel?

Actually I was thinking of doing that on the Bristol Avon fish in, its not far from me. That way if I feel too knackered I can always jump in the car and come home

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Twenty has been confirmed as the limit.

So the final list is:

Nigel Connor
Warren Gaunt
Lee Swords
Andy Renton
Michael Townsend
Graham Marsden
Sash
Mark Wintle
Paul Williams
Mark Hewitt
Andy Nellist
John Huntley
Bully
Wendy
Peter J
Coops
Frosty
DB and Jeff
Neil M

Reserves

Matt B
Yoggy
Barry Edney

Spectator

Graham Whatmore;-)

I will confirm arrangements for payment in due course.

If anyone else wants to go on the reserve list then please post.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
That's great Nigel, thank you for your time and effort and getting the extra five in.

Graham it would be loverly to see you at the Bristol Avon fish-in.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I thought perhaps I could take some photos but then I thought, no, people don't appreciate my angled pictures neither do they believe me when I say its a new slant. Wotashame!

Hehehe! Remember Nigel?

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Yes, how you made the tide go up hill Graham is still a mystery!

Anyway things are falling into place.

The fishery has forwarded me the invoice and payment will be required in advance.Those of you who went on the Kennet day will have my address but if everyone else could just fire me off an e-mail via the site then I will reply with my address details.The cost will be ?16.00 per person.

We have got all the river apart from the trout beats marked on the plan on their website.The trout beats are from Ward's Pool to Howard's Run.

Matt, I managed to persuade them that there should be extra room for just one more.Yoggy and Barry hadn't posted by then but unfortunately they said that 21 was the absolute limit.

The final list is as follows:

Nigel Connor
Warren Gaunt
Lee Swords
Andy Renton
Michael Townsend
Graham Marsden
Sash
Mark Wintle
Paul Williams
Mark Hewitt
Andy Nellist
John Huntley
Bully
Wendy
Peter J
Coops
Frosty
DB and Jeff
Neil M
Matt B

Reserves

Yoggy
Barry Edney

Thanks

Nigel

S

sash

Will anybody else be staying locally overnight? I'm thinking of maybe staying in a B&B Saturday night (seeing as it's a 3.5 hour drive home at the best of times) and then fishing the Test or Avon on the Sunday. Anyone fancy it?