Catfish fish-in 2007

Matty C

Reaction score
1 pound per livie is a little steep.. especially if youre gunna use them on both rods, plus theyll need changing every few hours, so yeah, ontop of the 60 a night, it could get pricey, but as Ive said, there are plenty of other great baits out there. Also, I did have a word with him about the lives n he said he'll see what he can do..

trev, if you could fit your bbq in the back of your car, that would be great.. Im not too sure if Richard is taking the micky a bit about cakey's cooking abilities, but after last years bbq success, there will be atleast 1 decent cook there, if not more, all capable of getting a bbq going.

I dont know how you all want to deal with food.. maybe plan your own meals on the first and second night, and we can have a bbq on the third night ? There is a sainsbury's about 10 minutes drive away from the fishery, so getting food once there isnt a big deal.. there is also the cafe on the complex, but I dont know what the food is like n how late theyre open til etc etc..

on the third night, if thats when we'll do the bbq, the same thing can be done as last year where by Evan and myself went n got food enough for everyone, then we just devided the cost up into however many of us there are, so we all paid the same..

any more suggestions ?

Nick, any thoughts on this species race / competition of yours ?

Matty C

Reaction score
whoops.. yeah.. typo hahaha

60 for the three nights..

sorry guys.. and girls

Steaker de Lurker

Reaction score
For sixty quid a night, I'd expect my fishing all done for me, loadsa specimens, all my meals and beer included and the blonde piece to tuck me up in my bivvy and tell me an entertaining bed-time story.

Matty C

Reaction score
good news for the moment guys.. Although Ive not heard anything back fro the fishery about livebaits and so on, I have managed to get that article off Budgie that he sent around last year, So, all that want one, gimmi your email address and Ill send it to you asap.

I also had a word with him about the slideshow and chat about rigs and stuff that he said he'd do last year, but never did cuz he didnt make it in the end, and he is deffinately willing to do it this year. I did say to him that it might depend on how late people get there and how big the slide show is as to whether we do slides, but a rig demo and tactics discussion is a must I think.. everyone could get some very helpful tips.

he also gave me the link to 'biofarm' who sell leaches, so those who want some, have a look here.

http://www.biopharm-leeches.com/info_fishing.htm

cheers guys

Matt

L

Les Clark

Matty , Tried to send you my email adress but your email details are closed .

Matty C

Reaction score
Nick, did you get the email of Budgies article ? had no response, so dunno if you got it..

Does anyone else want it ? mail me if so, n Ill attach it to the reply.

cheers guys
Matt

Matty C

Reaction score
hmm.. did I send you the .doc file or the other one ?

Ill resend it and make sure I send the doc file.. sorry mate

C

Cakey

cant open mine
p.s. that e-mail say "ta" but spell checker turns it round to "at" !

Matty C

Reaction score
sigh ffs.. Ill try once more putting it in a compressed file.

C

Cakey

still the same mate I can unzip but it does not know what the prog is to open it