Bigswordsy shows his 15 foot Fox rods to the world and proclaims..There is a God

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Lee, maybe we should use poles instead of rods. Two 13m poles held by pole rests on a pod. 20 elastic, 6oz leads and swing 'em in!

Lee Swords

Reaction score
I like where you are coming from Matt!

I was once going to pole fish a well known spot for them but bottled it!

D

DAN.

nancy!
you can hold 15ft but cant wave a pole for um get some bottle and give it go!

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Cor would love to go to the Trent, will try my hardest!

D

DAN.

im thinking of buying one of them 40 meter poles and surface fishing with floating dog chews that should do the trick!

D

DAN.

Cat will be there he will be looking for dead fish in the edges to claim he has caught them!

D

DAN.

you cant miss cat he will be the one who appears out of no ware when you catch a fish and casts to the spot that you just had the fish from.

D

DAN.

jokes put to the side Christian get yourself to the Trent you will be glad !
there is some great sport to be had .

D

DAN.

at the end of last season i had some big barbs on asstoffu pellets they are new from japan and have accounted for some huge piles of fish

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
"what pegs" Is it a match??

Last time I fished the Trent it was a stick float down the inside for 23lb of roach and chub. You telling me it's changed since then!!

Just checked me rod cupboard....

...several "skinny" match rods, couple of busted pole sections (Clattercote!). Have got a 1.75 rod with "barbel" written on the butt so that sounds good. Also got a 2.75 12ft "poker" won in a raffle.

What do I need for this weekend?

Advice please.

D

DAN.

not that i know of,
as its the pree season (haha)
people will be camped out from the monday morning to get onto the main pegs around the main pool and you probably wont see a clear peg to the 60s as collingham is one of the most popular stretches on the trent!
but the place holds lots and lots of barbs and other big fish!

as for tackle the barbel rod will be fine as will the poker!
pellets boilies dynomite and a couple of poachers are all you need for the weekend ill lend you cat!

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Christian you would be well looked after, get yourself up!

1.5lb tc will suffice

pegs as available 1-300 and whatever!

C

Cakey

Christian if dad dont want to go tell him to drop you off here and Ill take you.....................as long as theres carp !

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Hi Lee
I would like to be there but it clashes with my annual club weekend but if there is any change to the dates pencil me in. It would be nice to meet up with you and some of Johns pals as well so its fingers crossed and hope to see some of the lads when the river season opens. Mick.

D

DAN.

cakey, yes there is carp!!!!!!!!!
big fat pellet,. boilie eating behamouths o sorry im on about cat again!

yes mate there is carp