Get Your Passports Stamped! It's the Severn Fish-In

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Sounds good to me.

I will check out my availability at work on Monday and let you know.

The severn ay. Do they speak funny over that way?

They do mate they speak english unlike you lot ;o)

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Thas rite Bri.......we spake good ole quains Engish in the Midlands.........****y i'm away usually in the week, but if you need any help just ask.....scrumpies have my number.

Reaction score
Hi Paul,

Any alternative venue suggestions would good as I can't think of a single stretch in my area (Worcs) where you can just turn up, pay money and night fish. All my waters require full membership or there is no night fishing hence suggesting the RedLion

PM if you have any ideas. Hope you can make it, I think both the zider boyz are up for this one too :)

Hope you can make it Bryan, would be good to see you again

Reaction score
Lower Severn Fish-In Sat 27th October/ Sun 28th October

Those attending so far (diary?s allowing)
Critter
DB
Bryan Baron
Neil Maidment
Peter Jacobs
Pikey ?Ever the Optimist? Paul
Claudia
Beecy
Jeff Spiller
Speci Hunter
Paul B
Ray Daywalker Clarke
Swordsy
Big Rik
Eddie C

At the moment the venue is not 100% but it will be Lower Severn and specimen bream, chub, barbel, pike, zander, roach and perch are our targets. My suggestion at the moment is the Red Lion in Gloucstershire. I?ve not been before (and need to check if they would be happy with a large party of anglers) but they have a mile of bank and you can?t really go wrong on that part of the river.

If anyone knows of a better stretch we can just turn up, pay our money and night fish, that would be better and cheaper all round? any thoughts?

Reaction score
I hope so Ray. As I said I have to make a some enquiries.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your point of view) none of the stretches I regularly fish allow night fishing without a full club card, or night fishing is banned completely.

I will do a lot of research over the next few days and try to find the ideal venue.

I'll keep you all posted, and if anyone has any suggestions in the meantime let me know.

If you don't want to post your venue suggestion on open forum please PM me via my profile (eg click on my name and then pick 'Email Me' option)

CRITTER

Reaction score
sounds good so far!
keep us informed as i would love to do a spot of night fishing on the severn.
but im going to fish my pole through the day then if i can fish on the night im gonna use my specimen rods.
do you know if there is any carp in this area of the severn?

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

You have PM ****y.....and yes, put me down, be good to see old pals and meet new.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Me and Dad (John) would hopefully like to go. Also don't suppose theres any chance of seeing any pics of the stretch?

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Just as a suggestion.....the Avon sometimes can be in far better fettle than the Severn.

J

Jeff Spiller

Zider boy's, only one of us is aloud to drink cider ( he he ), I think were getting a bad name for our self's.
Yam Yam that's a funny looking Eel.
Chris, do they speak English !
I could only understand him after 6 pint of cider and then I shared a room with him, ( he speak's a bit funny, but he's a nice bloke. )

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
I should be able to do those dates hopefully.

The weekend after i.e. the 3rd and 4th of November would be easier but it's not a big problem.

I would like stretch with lots of big barbels and carps or pikes Mr Fisk thanking you please.

Mithrandir

Reaction score
I would like to give this a go if there is space, the dates look good at the moment but i never know with work, as they tend to suddenly need me to work weekends when there is a panic.

So put me down if there is room and I will try and make sure I am free.

Mike

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
I'm keen, but unable to attend that weekend. (wedding on the saturday). Either weekend before or after would be fine?

Clive (Compact Angler ACA)

Reaction score
****y - I'm in - The later in October the better for me 28/29 sounds good but if it not till late Nov early Dec I'll be just as pleased to come. Great chance to meet up with some of the other high quality reprobates and get rid of a few bottles of Merlo.

Reaction score
Understandably given the appalling flooding in the Severn valley, I have not been able to get through to the Red Lion yet; unfortunately it is probably under 6 foot of water.

Stretches of the Lower Severn and night fishing are proving difficult to find, but I?m still working hard to find one? I will be contacting a few clubs to see if we can special dispensation for a day/ night fish, but to be honest I think this may be unlikely. Anyone know a friendly club chairman or better still have contacts in the barbel society?

Also does anyone know if the EA still control free-fishing at Ripple?

One thought that occurred to me is how about a two-centre fish-in? We could base ourselves at a (secure) campsite near Worcester and do one day on the Severn and one on the Teme, or head for the Tewkesbury area and do Severn/ Lower Avon? Either way I could sort out the tickets for us in advance and pass them out at the venues?

As for the date? I think at the moment most people seem to be favouring the 27th/ 28th so provisionally we will keep that date, if you do favour the following weekend please post asap and we?ll go with the majority?

To Recap? Lower Severn Fish-In Sat 27th October/ Sun 28th October

Those attending so far (and happy with date?)
Critter
DB
Bryan Baron
Neil Maidment
Peter Jacobs
Pikey ?Ever the Optimist? Paul
Claudia
Beecy
Jeff Spiller
Speci Hunter
Paul B
Ray Daywalker Clarke
Swordsy
Big Rik
Eddie C
Mithrandir
Christian and John
Martin Womble
Fred Bonney
Paul (Brummie) Williams
Clive (Compact Angler)

Date Dependent Possibles
Mark Hewitt

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
or head for the Tewkesbury area and do Severn/ Lower Avon?

Lets hope thing will have recovered by then.

Not looking good at the moment though

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
The date is good ****y, I don't know the Severn at all, Graham Whatmore might be able to help? Maybe a pm to him will help?

My Wendi will be coming along too.