Get Your Passports Stamped! It's the Severn Fish-In

paul martin 7

Reaction score
I would really like to but It's only 2 weeks before I get married. (don't do it I hear you cry!)

Shame as I would loved to have seen Fred and Ray tussling on the bank. (only kidding guys)

paul martin 7

Reaction score
She already knows mate, that's why I got her started fishing! Dead keen she is too lol, only been a few times but she's already had a perch just under 2 lb and a 7.5 lb zander.

We were on the ouse a few days ago, we were fishing 3 rods between us (I had 2 naturally!) we had 2 takes simultaniously and I grabbed the nearest one, she played the other which was a 3 lb chub, mine turned out to be a 9.11 barbel! Phew a close call!

If I can't make this one I'll bring her along to the next one.

B

Bully

I'm in.

****y - you may need to set a limit?? Although this may be dependent on venue.

By the way, I am sure I have just seen the Red Lion on the TV under 6ft of water.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Paul,

Get on the fish in, you have a few choices.

1st, tell her if you can't go the marriage is off.

2nd, It's your last weekend of fishing freedom.

3rd, Take the wife to be with you.

4th, You won't like this, Fred and I will get you at the next fish in. hahaha

5th. Show the misses this and i'll cut your ba--s off.

paul martin 7

Reaction score
hahaha, i've just shown her it and she says she may cut your ba**s off!

Seriously, it's too near the day but count us in on the next one. Will be nice to meet everyone. (even fred)

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Come on paul bring her along, you will have plenty of new friends to invite to your wedding.

But come along the pair of you.

CRITTER

Reaction score
the weir pool at tewksbury is good fishing or should i say used to be good fishing i fished it a few times as a nipper.
as my mum used to live round the corner from it.

Reaction score
Brilliant to see so much interest, Sabrina won?t know what?s hit her! A few thoughts for you all?

Numbers
I agree with Bully, a limit on numbers may be a good idea? it is difficult at the best of times to find 25-30 serviceable pegs in close-ish proximity on the Lower Severn but given the recent flooding, many pegs will have been washed away or rendered un-fishable.

We have 26 on the list already, I would suggest a cap at 30 and then others can fill-in if people have to drop out (due to impending weddings or similarly unbelievable excuses ;-)

Night Fishing

I?ll hold my hands up here and say I really should have anticipated the level of interest and thought this one through?

If, as I suspect, the Red Lion is unable to accommodate us (due to numbers and the fact that there may not be enough serviceable pegs) it becomes necessary to cast the net further and stretches of the Lower Severn that allow night-fishing are proving harder to find than rocking-horse sh**? On the upside, my lack of success has made me realise the value of my club cards!

I am still on the case I promise, and have a couple of avenues/ favours/club connections left to explore?

Graham didn?t FM hold a lower Severn fish-in a few years back, did you night fish?

Don?t Panic!

If the worst comes to the worst, how do people feel about finding a campsite (or B&B if you like your comfort!) as a base, making it a mini-holiday (staying Saturday night) and doing a couple of day sessions? I favour Worcester/ Upton as a base as we then have several options river-wise if the Severn is not behaving (Teme/ Avon), and loads of amazing pubs to meet up in for fishy tales and angling high-jinx in the evening? Who knows that famous wallet may even make an appearance?

The other alternative would be to make it a one-day fish-in? Personally I don?t like this option as it makes life awkward for those living outside the Midlands?

Any ideas welcome.

I did think of kidnapping Steve Pope and seizing Beauchamp Court for the weekend, but I am ?reliably? informed on the ?ole angling grapevine? that the BS?s crack force of ninja bailiffs possess wicker nunchuckers and are not to be messed with? so it?s back to the drawing board!

Those attending so far (and happy with date?)

Critter
DB & Wendi
Bryan Baron
Neil Maidment
Peter Jacobs
Pikey ?Ever the Optimist? Paul
Claudia
Beecy
Jeff Spiller
Speci Hunter
Paul B
Ray Daywalker Clarke
Swordsy
Big Rik
Eddie C
Mithrandir
Christian and John
Martin Womble
Fred Bonney
Paul (Brummie) Williams
Clive (Compact Angler)
Bully
Graham Marsden
Jim ?Lunghi? Smith

J

John Huntley

****y
Count me in. The Don't Panic Option sounds better to me.

Reaction score
That's 27, only 3 more spaces to go! It's all very exciting!

I shall report back on my enquiries into venue/ night fishing etc after the weekend.

In the meantime can we have a straw pole of 'interested' people on the idea of two day sessions (with a stopover in campsite, b&b, hotel etc), in case the night fishing option does go t*ts up?

Those attending so far (and happy with date?)

Critter
DB & Wendi
Bryan Baron
Neil Maidment
Peter Jacobs
Pikey ?Ever the Optimist? Paul
Claudia
Beecy
Jeff Spiller
Speci Hunter
Paul B
Ray Daywalker Clarke
Swordsy
Big Rik
Eddie C
Mithrandir
Christian and John
Martin Womble
Fred Bonney
Paul (Brummie) Williams
Clive (Compact Angler)
Bully
Graham Marsden
Jim ?Lunghi? Smith
John Huntley

Clive (Compact Angler ACA)

Reaction score
Two days will be just the ticket ****y. I would travel Friday anyway to make a propper weekend of it. Campsite/B&B, bring my caravan, whatever. It'll just be great to be out fishing for the weekend.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
2 days good for me. Jim Hinchley may travel with me. Puyt hm down and i will let you know if he can not make it.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I will travel up on the Friday also.

Couple of days on the bankside, meeting some new people and hearing some fishy tales. What could be better.

C

Cakey

and dont worry about a swim for me I vill be piking
and will fish between everyone.........