An Evening With The DVSG

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"I can see that Bob takes care of his appearance as an angling media star"

Dont fink so..........
BobRoberts-1.jpg

Just a hint of the blue rinse of late though /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Reaction score
May I make a suggestion that Ron Clays false teeth be raffled towards the end of the evening to raise money for charity

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gifHa ha hah haaaaa ha ha ha haa

You're a very bad man Mr Deanos

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Wol, I swear it said 'silver' on the bottle, not 'blue', so your remarks are highly offensive.

My personal assistant / hairdresser asked if I mightconsider a few dark streaks for the show but at the risk of looking like a badger I declined.

Mark my words, the buffet will certainly be based around cheese and onion on curly white bread, topped off with black pudding and tiny quarters of pork(ish) pie.

It is in Rotherham after all and anything else would upset the delicate digestion systems of us locals...

Deanos

Reaction score
I first remember seeing Bob and his "BIG HAIR" in the second episode of the third series of Star Trek in the character guise of "ZOG", (I actually have a SIGNED picture of the above still shot from the episode, and AM WILLING TO SELL to any other collector for 3p plus postage).It was a very exciting episode I can tell you.

Bob (Zog) actually kidnapped the Star ship Enterprise, captain Kirk, anda couple of the birds in those little red mini skirts and black tights were put in a cell with light beams to stop them escaping. He then walked up and down with his purple rinse bee hive hair do glowing and throbbing with cosmic energy with lots of close ups of both his hair, and a ray gun that looked like a method feeder.

Luckily mister Spock gave the villain one of his Vulcan death grips! and freed the crew ready for the next episode.

Bob has been able to use his hair as a centre piece for many of his other roles both for Diawa and Hammer films.

W

"My personal assistant / hairdresser asked if I mightconsider a few dark streaks for the show but at the risk of looking like a badger I declined."

And there's me thinking Matt Brown was into web design, you learn something new every day eh.

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

F

Fred Bonney

Oh yes, I just remembered,no shouting lads,you know how sensitive some people can be!/forum/smilies/angel_smiley.gif

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
A car man?

Is that car man as in...

There's a car man waiting in the sky

He'd like to come and meet us

But he thinks he'd blow our minds?

Sounds like the right show to me.

PS: I am not Zog. I am not your father but I might be your daddy!

DZ

Reaction score
Whos the Daddy now? Next time I'll.../forum/smilies/dont_tell_anyone_smiley.gif

DZ

Reaction score
Putting this thread back on theme.....

Do you know why those old dears use blue rinse?

Apparantly dear, when you get old, your eyes turn funny and that blue/silvercolour looks blonde!!

So there you go.

G

Gary Knowles

Wol - u really are a tit...funny...but a tit...

any chance of bringing the roadshow to the Staffs Pred group this autumn Bob ?

W

/forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif

Pot kettle...

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Who knows Gary, we have to see whether we survive this one first!

Wouldn't want too many of the DVSG injured by flying teddies...

I'm nervous. Last time you conned me into doing a talk the conversation went,

GK: Fancy coming chub fishing next week?

BR: Sounds good to me.

GK: Why not come over on Wednesday afternoon? We'll have a few beers, you can stay at mineand then we'll get off in the morning.

BR: Fine.

GK: Brilliant! By the way, it's our PAC meeting on Wednesday, youwon't mind doing your talk for us, will you...?

Set up like a good un I was. This time it's sort of too straight forward, too open. Honest even (especially for a Manc). What's the catch Gaz?

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Will you be doing any otherslide showsetc... in the northants area per-chance in the future??? There is a chapter from the pike anglers club that meet just down the road from me.

A slide show and a talk with a pint and some fodder,all followed bymr clay playing the washboard and spoons.....a night to remember!!!

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Called to see my hairdresser last night – thought that a few highlights and a suntan might look nice for the show. Conversation went along the lines of...

HD: Everything ready?

BR: Aye, but I’ve had to spend hours creating a new slide.

HD: How come?

BR: That bloody Hazelford lot! Who’d have believed they’d have the gall to turn up after all the spouting they’ve done. Now they’re coming it would be rude not to insult them. Tell me, why on earth do you think they are coming? It’s pretty hypocritical if you ask me.

HD: Sigh..., I guess it’s just moths to a flame.

BR: Aye, you’re probably right... moths to a flame.

HD: It’s a bit over the top, what you’ve done mind.

BR: You think so?

HD: Aye. It’s bound to upset ‘em.

BR: So? F*** ‘em. They don’t have to come. Don’t they have a sense of humour?

HD: Not even a funny bone between ‘em. Trouble is the slideshow’s in the DVSG name not yours. It’s bound to kick off yer know...

BR: Awkward that.

HD: So are you gonna pull the slide?

BR: Are you kidding? Look at it this way, does the show make fun of you and me? And Mike? Adam, Trev, Andy?

HD: Especially Andy.

BR: And Ron? Swordsey? Martin?

HD: And Matt Hayes.

BR: Barbel Society?

HD: PAC, too.

BR: Then what’s sauce for the goose... Hey! I’ll tell yer what. Why don’t we just ban them from coming – OR - let’s make it a syndicate in reverse. We can allow punters in for £4 – sort of like a Barnsley day ticket and the HPS mob can pay £50 a head and occupy the room for a full year.

HD: Yeah, but won’t they just want the best seats?

BR: Of course they will. But think of the benefits. We’ll raise loads more money for the Chernobyl kids and the landlord won’t need to pay for door staff. Plus they’ll clean the place up after everyone’s gone home...

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Fred's post and subsequest posts in reply deleted at Fred's request.