An Evening With The DVSG

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Should anyone be interested the DVSG will be presenting a remarkable slideshow, plus some exclusive DVD footage to their local branch of the PAC. Anyone who saw the barbel shows I did a while back will have some idea what to expect but in all honesty, this show raises the bar to a whole new level.

Our hosts will be the Rotherham and Sheffield branch of the PAC (PAC Region 99) but don't worry if you're not a piker, there will be plenty of predators but this is not going to be a pike show!

Anyway - the details are as follows:

An Evening with the Don Valley Specimen Group

Venue: Green Dragon at Rotherham. 1 mile from M1 - link:

Directions

Date: Monday 7th April, 2008

Doors open: 7.00pm

Show starts at 7.30 with Bob and Stu's exclusive Salmon and Sturgeon DVD containing spectacular footage of fish in excess of 400lb. This DVD not available to purchase anywhere although it has been described by Lee Swords as the best fishing DVD he's ever seen.

8.30: The Angling Year Part One (Spring and Summer) Introduced by the one, the only, the legendary, Rontoroversial Ron Clay!

9.25: Ron finishes talking about Africa and moves on to Richard Walker...

9.30: Exclusive exerpts from the 'Barbel Days and Ways' DVD which is not due for release until Winter 2008.

9.45: The Angling Year Part Two (Autumn and Winter)

10.45: Last chance Q&A

It's going to be funny, it's going to be entertaining, it's more than a numbers game. There will be at least 26 different freshwater species included in the slides, plus cartoons, graphics, video footage and music. This is not a show about 'Here's me looking glum and holding a cold fish'. This will be dynamic, fast moving and like no previous show before.

Speakers in attendance will include Rontroversial Clay, Lee (the Handsworth Horse) Swords, roach legend Mike Townsend, Adam Roberts, Matt Brown, and of course Bob Roberts.

This is your chance to meet the Don Valley Specimen Group and tell them they're nowt but an elitist bunch of Collingham gypsies to their faces!

Admission on the night will be £4 and this includes a buffet. Half the proceeds will raise funds for the local PAC branch, the rest will go to the 'Chernobyl Children Lifeline' charity ( http://www.chernobylchildlifeline.org/ ).

We're not taking a penny for our troubles so please come along and dig deep for a good cause.

For more details contact Phil Heaton on 07876 032579

The Monk

Reaction score
sounds like an excellent night and at £4 including the buffet excellent value too and for a good cause/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Deanos

Reaction score
"at £4 including the buffet excellent value too and for a good cause"

DO I READ THIS RIGHT! 4 SQUID FOR "THE TUCK IN"......Deanos get the sat nav programmed in....DINNER IS SERVED!

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Just bringing this back to the top again.

This evening is for a very good cause. Please come along and lend your support, take the pi555 or whatever...

The Monk

Reaction score
"take the pi555 or whatever..."

Dont worry we will mate/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Deanos

Reaction score
I would keep yer head down if I were you Bob!

Me mams coming with me, and she likes you!

Ever since Stan Ogden left "The Street"....a light has gone out of her life, but she says you look a "reet Bobby Dazzler" in the mags!

What time did you say the Bingo started?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

She buys the same blue rinse as you Bob so at least you'll have something to natter about.

T

Tony Rocca

Oy, your stealing my lines Wol. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

honslow

Reaction score
Lining up to be an interesting evening. Do I need to bring some banksticks with me????/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Ouch Wol! I'll have you know that this is no rinse - I mean, you wouldn't choose this colour would you?

Can't see you needing protection, Greg. Excepting the young ladies in the Karaoke bar next door. Indeed, we're going to make you a star of the show - we have the pictures and the technology!

You'll also learn whether Two C's has a sense of humour or not because I gather from Lee thatthe HPS will be out in force and I'd hate to miss them out in the slides...

You couldn't lend me that picture of the 400lb barbel bag by any chance?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"Ouch Wol! I'll have you know that this is no rinse - I mean, you wouldn't choose this colour would you?"

Now be fair wol, the man has a damn good point there.

Can't argue with that now, can you!

Pity the location is a little too far north for me otherwise I'd have loved to have come.

honslow

Reaction score
Twasn't in the Times Bob. Was in the 'other' weekly./forum/smilies/sick_smiley.gif

Lining up to be a right humdinger! Me a star?! Now you're having a laugh. I'm an idiot! Just ask 2xCs..../forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

We can project a unified front to non-anglers and government Matt... And afterwards head out to the carpark for a brawl!!!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

T

Tony Rocca

Bob,
"You'll also learn whether Two C's has a sense of humour"

Feel free to take the P out of the HPS Bob, I will just laugh, I cant speak for the Hull contingent though, they tend to be a bit waspy and over sensitive.

Deanos

Reaction score
All this fishing stuff is all very well, but there has been only brief mention of the buffet!

I can see that Bob takes care of his appearance as an angling media star, in fact I do question weather or not Bob is actually aYorkshire man as he is a bit skinny according to my mam who fancies him like heck!. So, the sausage rolls should not be threatened from that direction...I think Bob will make straight for the pineapple and cheese on cocktail sticks, and I shall report back after the event and let you know.

I have heard that there will be a large plate of assorted NAMED chocolate biscuits including two finger Kit Kats and Penguins, and I am to be honest more than a little excited about this!

May I give anyone who thinks that they will scran more than a fair share off the extensive cheese board! Lee Swordsshall be in direct control of this area.

I have not only seen Mr Swords EAT absolutely stinky boilies, but he alsocarries weapons of mass destruction in his rod hold all, so only two cream crackers and one piece of cheese per person only please, for your own safety.

May I make a suggestion that Ron Clays false teeth be raffled towards the end of the evening to raise money for charity,**** Walkers lawn mower recently brought £3000.00 in a sale of angling memorabilia, Ron’s teeth would be a great investment for the future for any collector.