What an Evening with Bob Roberts & the DVSG

T

Tony Rocca

You would be quite wrong there Mr Bonney my friend, Tony was driving, and he checked it had posted before he retired to his bed.

Mike, you dont miss much, cant find a pub when parked outside it and cant spotthata room full of women with short haircuts and tatoosin boiler suits are on't wrong bus./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
The few I saw were ok till the ones with short hair and tatoos sat next to them.

It could have been worse. If Matt didn't ring me up to ask where I was I would have driven straight by!

C

Chris Pearson

joeonthewater-1.jpg

I particulary liked this photo of Lee at Hazelford weir

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Damn, I missed a good night, lezzies with tattoos as well as good fishing chat. Just my luck/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Sounds like a great night, shame I live what might as well be a million miles away /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Eh up Chris, got that double yet? /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

C

Chris Pearson

Steve,

Early days yet,keep getting pestered by eels, bit of a drawback of using worms so early in the season.

You missed a great night,never seen so many Lesbanians in one place,apparently Kimberworth is full of them,seemingly there is a local angler who put them all off sex with men for life /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

phill mcguire

Reaction score
what a superb night, cracking stergeon film and top pics, thrown in some top anglers who 100% know there fishing. big thanks from myself and paul fisk(fff) and hope you carry this on and do more shows.

to them that missed it, well!!!!!

big thanks to lee for giving us correct directions to the green dragon chinese in maltby/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Thanks to everone that turned up. I hope you all enjoyed the night as much as I did.

ps. Graham, I'm gutted you couldn't make it but I'm more gutted I missed the lesbian night as I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body.

honslow

Reaction score
Top show gents.Light yourselves a big,fat cigar each.

Deanos

Reaction score
My uncle Lofty was a lesbian for the several years he was a member of the girl guides!

Respects to you Greg for traveling a long way to the show, I hope you got some good photo's of the buffet table, a damn good spread.

As a future article in Angling Times, why not have pictures of the buffets from around the country, then have a vote with marvellous prizes going to the areas with the best spread on!.

You look a bit skinny to me, so why not send Big Des out on the road. I bet he can tackle both the Scotch eggs, sandwiches and sausage rolls (Again Bob..they were the best!).

PS.

Ron, you looked very fit, and it was a nice little speech. I hope you enjoyed the cake, and it was pleasing to see the respect that you have from the accomplished anglers who were present.

Respects Deanos.

Reaction score
I never found out who won Ron's teeth in the raffle. Slipped right by me that one. Must have been while one of the lessers was changing my wheel for me.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

That was a great bit of cake -mate!

Got to get into the Aussie way of doing things, first of all by calling everyone mate. I'm off out there later this year for at least 3 months.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I didn't know you had been Deanos. I kept looking for a huge fat bloke, bu all I saw was a little weedy guy who suddenly dropped some Yorkshire tea cake in front of me, and then dissappeared.

I wonder?

/forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif

Adam Roberts

Reaction score
just like to say thanks to everyone that turend up even the lezzys and i am glad you all liked the show hopfully there will be more to come

Matt Shaw

Reaction score
I would just like to thank a few folk for Mondays event. As the rest of this thread details the evening was a fantastic event. I have been to numerous events in the past with guest speakers and have to say this event was the best i have seen. The quality of the presentation and the enthusiasm of the speakers was great. Also what made it for me was that the majority of the fish shown (with the exception of the Sturgeon from Canada) where from my local area. It really was about local anglers catching local fish.

I am also a memeber of the PAC and am involved in the 'Chernobyl Children Lifleline' charity. I'm sure you all know about the PAC. However the CCLL is less well known in angling cirlces. The charity brings children over to the UK for one month respite holidays. The chernobyl disater happened over twenty years ago, but people in Belarus still eat and drink food from contaminated land and breathe contaminated air. There are very high rates of cancer and other deformities in young people. It has been proven that a month in the UK eating, drinking and breathing clean food and air can extend a young persons life by up to two years.

Last year we hosted a ten year old girl called Alesia for a month. She lived with us and made such an impact on our life, however the impact on her life was literally imeasurable. This year we are hosting a boy, aged nine, I can't wait to take him fishing!

The charity relies on fundraising to bring the kids over and support them on their visit. 50% of the evenings takings went to this very worthy cause.

Finally i would like to say a few thankyou's:

Thanks to the DVSG, for giving their time for free and providing a very impresive and entertaining evening.

Thanks to Phil Heaton, the regional organisor for the PAC, for organising the whole event.

Thanks to all those who provided raffle prizes for the event.

Thanks to all who attended and made it such a great evening.

Regards

Matt Shaw