What an Evening with Bob Roberts & the DVSG

P

Phil Heaton

I've just got home from the night out and must say that Bob and the DVSG had the audience eating out of their hands, we had about 80 in room and you could have heard a pin drop. As Isuggested earlier their preparation, photography and final presentationproved to bevery professional and well worth watching.

We raised £410 on the event and the promise of a trip out on a narrow boat on the River Don for the Chernobyl children and their carers in July when they come over.

I must thank the very kind people who donated prizes for the raffle including Fishing Republic, Wickersley Angling and Richard ? who ran a tacklestall on the night, but most of all I must thank everyone who turned up and supported us by digging deep into their pockets.

Steve Ralph

Reaction score
12 Hazelford members and all dvsg group in one room and not a crossed word

Seriously though it was great night thanks lads

F

Fred Bonney

Well done the DVSG, great turnout

But, is this the first sign of a solo breakaway?

Like Diana Ross& The Supremes or, Brian Paul & The Tremeloes or, Eric Burdon & The Animals?

or...

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Big thanks to all who turned up last night to support the Rotherham PAC and the Chernobyl Children. It was good to see a few old friends again, too.

Great turn out - really could have done with a bigger room as it happens - and a fair few quid was raised for good causes.

Special thanks to Stu Walker who not only put a lot of effort into the DVD footage and electronic wizardry but also for throwing me out of my stride on numerous occasions by adding bonus slides and sound effects to the presentation while I was away. Not knowing what's going to come up next can be pretty nerve wracking I can tell you but didn't the lads do well?

One or two members were adamant that they didn't fancy doing any talking but there was practically no stopping them once the lights went down. Prepping the show involved a fair bit of effort by the group as a whole but it was well worth it.

Cheers

Bob

Reaction score
A great night. The DVSG boys excelled themselves and put on a very professional and entertaining show.

It's not every day you see footage of 400lb stergeon being caught alongside snap shots of bitterling in one sitting!

The potted meat and fish paste sandwiches went down very well too, althought there weren't many takers for the jelly and ice cream.

If you missed it this time then I'd recommend you get to the next one.

A big thanks to Fiskies Fantastic Feeders (FFF)for donating the bag of big feeders and leads for the raffle, which I won! Just the job for the Trent and Ribble.

T

Tony Rocca

I did post on t'other thread last night but it seems to have gone,...... again!

I said, If I had known it was lesbian night in the pub, which it was,I would have worn my best dress.

DVSG boys did a good turn but as Bob said it was a bit packed in the cheap seats at the back, bigger room needed next time lads.

£400 odd quid is a good result I think.

C

Chris Pearson

Great night really enjoyed the DVD and all the slides,presentations were wonderful,enjoyed the buffet,well done DVSG,glad to hear you've raised a few bob in the process.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
As a meber of the DVSG I would like to know what Tony said that caused a double deletion.

I personally don't mind a bit of constructive stick...in fact it is the only way to improve so please allow him his say...We are all grown blokes and so therefore there is no need to get too over-protective.

I thought it was a great turn-out and it was fantastic to meet up with a few old mates...Life really is too bloody short for in-fighting.

BTW

Deano's romped home with the pie and cake contest, his chocolate marmalade tea loaf swept all comers away in a T'sunami of taste and texture!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Lee, not guilty from me, I haven't deleted anything, so I don't know what the post said.

T

Tony Rocca

It didnt say anything other than I put above Lee, A lot of my posts have been vanishing of late......beats me.

Edit;I suppose because I put "If I had known it was lesbian night in the pubI would have worn my best dress" some over keen mod might have thought I was taking the P.

Where in actual fact it really was lesbian night, which I didnt say the first time round.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Mystery then...

Shame you couldn't make it Graham...got a couple of "new" old books that I needed signing.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
I "went down" fantastically well upstairs.../forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

I told them I was a testosterone fuelled pre-op transexual wanting to swap into a bloke...the silly bints fell for it and I ended up having a right old time with three lesbianians from Lickuania, Albania and Czeckoslovakiakrackia...

It was niiiiiiice!

webo

Reaction score
Great night lads enjoyed it,good mix of serious stuff and funny stuff.

The funniest bit was the magical mystery tour round Rotherham that Andy Renton and Trev Empson (two of the DVSG boys) gave me while they were trying to find the venue, when we did eventualy find it and parked up right outside Mike Townsend was on the mobile in his car behind us,he didn't have a clue he was where he should be and he shouted over "Hi guys at least i am not the only who is lost".DOH!!

The moral is if they give advice on fishing take it cos they are good at that but if the are telling you how to get any where dont bleeding listen. LOL.

Nice to see Tim Ridge up and about again after his illness (i bet those Bream are bricking themselves)

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
Cheers Webo! The big Green Dragon sign really should have given it away/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

Nice to see so many people raising some cash for a good cause.

Thanks Tony, that explains a few things. I thought I'd lost my pulling power during the buffet! Couldn'tunderstand whya room full of women didn't form a que for my services!

I think Swordsy should be given a TV slot. It might need a few beeps in the right places, but it would be entertaining!

F

Fred Bonney

My guess is, Tony wasn't driving last night, and probably fell asleep before he sent his message.

Deanos

Reaction score
It was a fantastic night!

When these lads organise another do....get to it!

Ian, I am sorry I missed you!...it was very busy, but I will definitely be in touch.

I had a 4am start so had to get off a little earlier than I would have liked.

Lee, you are a gentleman, brilliant commentary as usual, all the DVSG fellas have time for answering questions, and I picked up a hell of a lot!

For those of you who were not there, one brilliant bit was where Bob advocated taking a chain saw to "any bloody trees that gerrin bloody way" if you are finding the swim a bit tight for casting. Also there was a great bit of film where Bob hires an excavator..a REALLY BIG EXCAVATOR, and digs huge holes in the river bed to create new habitat for Trent barbel.

I have booked a JCB for two weeks time, believe me....you wont be able to get hold of one now before the start of the new season!

Bobs dvd on Sturgeon fishing was stunning...really stunning!

Matt "Corky" Corker from FM was at the bash. He is only about 14 years old, and had come all the way from Cheshire ON HIS OWN!....well I bet there was a bit of trouble when you got home Matt!, he made friends with Lee in two minutes, in fact in no time Matt was giggling away as Lee took him on a cultural tour of Sheffield...

"And look at these three birds Matt!...its not even in Thailand...I HOPE YER NOT BLOODY LAUGHING AT ME THERE...ITS MIDDLE OF WINTER IN SHEFFIELD WHEN THAT PHOTO WERE TOOK!...it were freezing!"

Thank you for a great evening, my respects for all the effort that you put towards raising money for such a worthy cause.