River Itchen Graying Day

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date

Jeff Spiller

Reaction score
Steve

LEAVE THE BARBEL GEAR AT HOME !!!

ARE YOU MAD /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Anyway Grayling have been none to take the odd pellet or two.

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
Shame Wol isn't in theparty yet. I enjoyed bagging up from the swims from which he'd just blanked from/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

I'll be there /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
I've got to get the time off work first.

You fancy being my ghillie mate?/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
Steve will have to crack those BIG floats out again to trot a boilie/forum/smilies/party_smiley.gif

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Ah yes, them Grayling specials, i reckon he might go lighter this time and opt for float D rather than his favourite F.......
pike_floats.jpg

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I would love to come along, but that date is my birthday. Each year i go fishing on my birthday, always have, even at school.

I will be going with my 3 sons for the day, but you all have a great day.

Nathan Walter

Reaction score
Well done for the organising again Nigel. Looking forward to another great day on a beautiful stretch of river.

I might even catch a few grayling this year!/forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif

B

Bully

Waiting list please.......I assume that is the current position?

Otherwise I'm in!

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
I visited the venue on Tuesday.

It's stuffed with grayling of all sizes. My mate and I had well over a hundred with a few over 2lbs, but none over 2lbs 1oz. A few trout and chub were also landed plus a few good roach near the mill.

It should be another cracking fish in.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
On the spur of the moment I fished it today. Pushing through, quite a lot of rubbish and a little coloured asa result of the heavy rain over the last 24/36 hours. Colour dropping out as the day progressed.

But, loads of grayling in sparkling condition, beautiful colouring. Probably averaging about 14oz to 1.04 with the best 3 or 4 going around the 2lb mark. Only had two "micro" grayling unlike last year when there were hundreds about. Also had the occassional obligatory brownie and a single sea trout. Found the chub in "my" platform swim, had 6 to about 5lb on flake before they cleared off!

Watched 2 barbel in about 2ft of water, both about 6lbs. /forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif They disappeared when I put a line in! Only time I've seen them on the Itchen, other than Andy's of last year!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Guys, can you please let me have your e-mail details over the next day or two in case I need to get in touch independant of FM.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Already got mine Nigel, when have we go to cough up the dosh?

I'm looking forward to meeting some new faces and some older ones too /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Guys, just to confirm that this is DEFINATELY still going ahead and I am fully confident that there will be an FM on which to post the write up!! Just waiting for confirmation form the fishery as to the cost of the day and I will stick up a post and/or pm everyone.