FM River Wye Fish In. Any Interest?

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
After the Great FM Itchen fish- in I asked if there would be any interest in a day on the River Wye.

I have booked a section for up to 15 anglers at a cost of £15 each for a Saturday for a group of us.

FOR 23 JULY

There are plenty of overnight/fishing options for anyone that wanted to extend their stay and fish the next day etc if they were coming from afar. Happy to offer advice. .

Graham. .

Last edited:

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
If I could enlist the assistance of a couple of local Sherpas, or if you can park close to a swim, then I'd be interested.

Well it's a yes from me and I'll gladly be that Sherpa Peter, no problem at all.

I would almost certainly make a couple of days of it and stay overnight.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Peter.

I had already warned the sherpas in case S-kippy was coming.

Gone ahead and reserved the water for 23 July. Price increase from first post now correct.

Last edited:

barbelboi

Reaction score
That's fine with me Graham, I'll probably be looking to arrive on the Friday afternoon and stay 'til Sunday.

PS I've still got one good arm for some of your lighter stuff Peter...........;)

sam vimes

Reaction score
I'd love to, but I've no idea whether I'll be finished working by then. It's not looking good though.

ken more

Reaction score
Are there any details to where on the Wye? I would love to go but it would take a wee bit of juggling with work etc, and would have to stay Friday and Saturday night due to the distance. Probably a long shot for me, but worth a try. :)

Should add, i can no longer leap like a Deer or jump aboot like a Goat on dodgy steep banks :)

Last edited:

rubio

Reaction score
I'll have a word with Christian, maybe we can share fuel costs. I'd definitely like to have a go at a 'big' river.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Looking good.

Going to stick at max 15 anglers to allow moves.

Lots of swims some more comfy than others.

Steep hill to water one end ok for 4x4 down to river, then banks good.

Other end easier for parking, faster water. .

Ken, we can keep a couple of nice flat bits for you.

I will give suggestions for anyone who wants to stay over etc early June.

I'll do a count up in a week but will be by order of confirmation till we reach 15.

Nice crocodile managed today!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Pay attention Sherpa's:

Here's Peter about to go into full catching mode. This is his "roach gear" (the back up "bream gear" was still in the car.. and then there was the "carp gear" that didn't see the light of day). All of which might give an insight to what may be brought along to the Wye:

IMG_2452.JPG

View image in gallery

---------- Post added at 14:53 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

Graham, I assume the stretch you've booked is subject to the same bait rules as the Wye & Usk Foundation waters?

i.e. too early for my favoured hemp and caster approach? :confused:

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Neil. No problem only worms prawns spinning a no no. Guess you got message from Rog also.

If we don't manage to get to 10 anglers from FM confirmed I will top up the numbers with pals as it's £150 for the stretch minimum.

Graham

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Yes, thanks Graham, much appreciated and already confirmed and agreed the entry in the important diary hanging in the kitchen. Looking forward to it.

Keith M

Reaction score
I would have loved to go but its a bit too far for me.

Its a pity its not this weekend as Im staying at Holme Lacey next to Hereford and the Wye this weekend with the wife, and it would have been nice to meet some of you and put faces to your names.

Keith

Last edited:

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Pay attention Sherpa's:

Here's Peter about to go into full catching mode. This is his "roach gear" (the back up "bream gear" was still in the car.. and then there was the "carp gear" that didn't see the light of day). All of which might give an insight to what may be brought along to the Wye:

:

" swords of a thousand men " Tenpole Tudor or was it Twopole Peter?
I've schlepped that gear a few times, ain't too bad....:)