Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: FM Members Fish-In

Quote Originally Posted by itsfishingnotcatching View Post
    A four hundred mile round trip doesn't bother me Chris it you want to organise a decent North Eastern venue
    A venue wouldn't necessarily be an issue, decent is another matter entirely. Without resorting to commies, I really can't think of a suitable venue for more than a handful of anglers. I'm always happy to take visiting anglers onto the local river should they be prepared to risk its notoriously temperamental nature.

I suspect that, for fish in venues, Notts/Lincs/Lancs/Sth Yorks could be options that might be within my reach.

Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
    should they be prepared to risk its notoriously temperamental nature.
    Luck of the draw, even the Wye and Severn can be hard going on a bad day, all of your suggestions Notts/Lincs/Lancs/Sth Yorks would be viable venues if anyone local can come up with some ideas
    “If you find it hard to laugh at yourself, I would be happy to do it for you.”

It will fcourse depend on dates and if I've got my back fixed can by then , seeing the consultant in early May about the op
    PaSC British by birth, English by the grace of God
    I got the devil in my blood,Telling' me what to do
    (And I'm all ears), Britain's premier bread angler

I'm interested, cover at work permitting, - still got a few days hols in hand to use, but August obviously gets more booked up by others with kids so not a certainty. That's if its a Saturday, Sundays not a problem as I don't work them anyway.

Equally, if doing it I'd like to make it more than a one day wonder myself, either coming up the day before or staying over the day after - can one camp / bivvy overnight there ?

Or is there a decent pub / Inn with rooms nearby ?
    Last edited by Windy; 16-04-2017 at 12:44.

Is this a match or just a pleasure fish in ? Not into competitions side of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by associatedmatt View Post
    Is this a match or just a pleasure fish in ? Not into competitions side of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nothing to stop you fishing in a match just for pleasure, you don't have to compete.

Count me in Peter. I am usually around in August. Thank you for organising it!

One of my clubs has a seven pool venue south of Crewe just of the M6 if an alternative venue is required. It is called Border Fisheries on the Bay Malton website !

My motive was to meet the personalities behind the fictitious names, have a beer, something to eat and a fish. I will be after tips from all you experts

Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    Nothing to stop you fishing in a match just for pleasure, you don't have to compete.
    So this is being organised as a match correct ?

I'll try to support this Peter but the timing may well be an issue. I have a few non angling things going on in Aug/Sept and may be elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by associatedmatt View Post
    So this is being organised as a match correct ?
    Dunno. Personally I'm going for the p1ss taking and to find out if all of you are real people. If I'm doing well then I'll declare myself a competitor. If I'm having a nightmare then I only came for the pleasure fishing
    Ramblings about my attempts to catch fish and the search for the perfect sausage can be found at www.fishingforluckies.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast