River Wye FM Fishing 22July 2017. NEW.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Ok.
I have managed to secure a beautiful stretch of the River Wye near Ross on Wye.

Date Saturday 22nd July.

Good banks and protruding croys but if very wet ideally 4x4 to get down to the bankside. It's a stretch that leads itself to trotting for mixed fish as well as barbel.

It has cost £150 to book and we must limit to 12 anglers.

Therefore it will cost £20 for the day each with surplus going towards some grub (bring a drink) at mine in the late evening. Any leftover to Hospice Care in Ross.

There are plenty of options for those staying over on the Wye town stretch on the fri or sunday on a day ticket. Some good perch fishing as well as chub and barbel there.

First come - first confirmed. On this thread.

Graham.

Last edited:

Rog Hill

Reaction score
Hi Graham, excellent news, put both Jimmy and I down as a definite. Very much looking forward to it. Haven't wet a line for nearly 2 months. Speak to you soon.

ATB Rog

ken more

Reaction score
HI Graham, I would love to get there, but that weekend will need some severe crawling to work colleagues as it falls bang in the middle of my days off:) I will get back as soon as i know the score (hopefully tomorrow) and there is still a place available. Would hate to miss this opportunity to meet some new face's and Fish a nice River:)

swizzle

Reaction score
Hi Graham,

That time of the year is a bit dodgy for me. Put me down as a maybe. I should know for certain in the next two weeks.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Much as I'd love another crack at the Wye I can't make this one. This falls on my first week as a retired person after 42 years and i plan to do absolutely nothing until i have fully wound down and my head is completely clear. I can't fish when my head is full of other stuff.

Last edited:

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Swiz.
The White House BB in Ross
The Royal Hotel does deals
The White Lion pub in Ross
As starters.

Skips!!!! Unwind an eel.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Well we have 2 definate and 3 maybes.

I'll give it another week to see response. It'll be no good if we can't cover the costs.

Rog. If we cant get it sorted, you and Jimmy come and we'll sort it.

Rog Hill

Reaction score
We'll be there Gra whatever. If insufficient numbers to hold a fish-in at that venue we can fish somewhere else, but I'm sure we'll get 12. Must start looking for my fishing rods soon, getting fed up with just golf!

ATB Rog

Windy

Reaction score
Sadly is the wrong word, as I shan't be sad, but thoroughly enjoying myself in Budapest for the week leading up to the Hungarian Grand Prix at the Hungaroring for what is now the third year in succession !

Cannot recommend it too highly for F1 enthusiasts. Works out at literally 1/5th of the cost of attending Silverstone or Spa if not less. Including flights, accommodation and taxis to the circuit and back...

I kid you not.

So sorry, would have really enjoyed being there and I wish you all a damned good weekend, but without my attendance I fear.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Well thats 3 confirmed. We need another 6 really.
Bit suprised given the popularity of last Wye one.:confused:

Windy

Reaction score
If it hadn't been for the coincidence of timing with the Hungarian Grand Prix already long since booked then I'd have been well up for it.

Good luck with finding the numbers, FM fish ins have always been one of my favourite and most valued elements of membership of the forum, and best fishing memories.

I very much miss the fact that fewer now proceed, but also appreciate the individual personal financial risk involved in trying to book something from personal resources gambling on sufficient uptake and participation.

Would love to get the August Catfish virgin weekender going again, but just can't personally afford the risk of a punt on booking a lake on spec. Ah well.

sagalout

Reaction score
The last one was great (could have been better if the organiser had remembered to order the fish), the location divine, the company was rubbish :D, but being as I can now fish the Wye at will (a little known section :) ) I shan't be attending.