Is there any interest?

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
There appears to be a dearth of "fish-ins" on this site. Last years Itchen visit was poorly attended and a follow up Wye/Avon event never got off the ground. I have no problem organising the Itchen but would need some feedback regarding preferred day and potential interest. There have been no Northern "fish-ins" since the last PaSC Dam Flask but if anyone has some ideas I'm certain it would be popular.

Your thoughts/input gentlemen

barbelboi

Reaction score
I'm always up for a day on the LIF and being a retired person now dates are largely irrelevant.

Brave man Ian. I organised a Blenheim trip and only ended up slightly out of pocket !

The last time I organised the LIF Skip I OK'd it with Lindsay that all participants would individually 'phone her and pay by debit/credit card. Worked smoothly and guarantees no one is out of pocket....Mind you, there's no telling how a Brummie will tackle it...............;)

sam vimes

Reaction score
I'd rather like to meet up with many of the long term members on here. I'd also be rather pleased to fish some of the venues that have been used for fish ins. However, the reality is that the further the excursion, the better the promise of the fishing needs to be to justify the expense. As much as I'd love to fish the LIF, it's a good hundred miles too far away for me. I doubt that I'd cross the road to fish a one off day on Dam Flask. I also have some issues with anything organised between February and mid July (ish). Chances are exceedingly high that I can't do much in that time period.

Venues are always going to be a difficulty. I can't think of too many locally that are viable for anything more than a couple of anglers. One that I do often think about is the infamous Collingham stretch of the Trent. A small group could easily book this stretch, or bits of it, for a "match" over a day or two. However, as prolific as it can be, I suspect its reputation would put quite a few off.

If someone invents a teleporter in short order, I'd turn up to pretty much any fish in, apart from one at Dam Flask.;):D

P.S. If anyone fancies a trip on a choice of waters local to me, give me a shout, always happy to help a visitor if I can. However, the venues I have available to me are either not suitable for more than one or two or it's not permissible for me to legitimately guest that many.

Last edited:

flightliner

Reaction score
I feel pretty much the same as Sam, tbh its a trip too far by a hundred miles plus. I,d be happy on the Trent or most east midland venues, north Yorkshire rivers such as the Swale, Nidd etx or a stillwater.
Lincoln AA have some nice match stretches on the tidal where the parking is good, pubs that do b & b . I reckon if numbers were low it could be a simple matter of just turning up and paying the fiver day ticket. Booked if preferred!

B

binka

I was up for organising a Trent fish in and could likely organise some good water with enough notice but things then went berserk with work.

I'm in a much better place to do so now but things need to settle down for me first just in order to take a breather, the problem is that anytime from the new year to the back end can be so unpredictable with levels .

Summer '18? :cool:

Be good if the travellers could somehow be found accommodation so that a few pints could be put to rest on the evening...