Lower Severn Fish-In

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I was anticipating getting a Lower Severn Fish-In organised for this January, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to postpone the event until the start of the new season.

Many, many apolgies to you all, but I'm starting a PhD in early January and will not haveany sparetime to dedicate to organisationalstuff.

Rest assured normal service will be resumed later in the year.

Kind regards,

****y

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
No worries ****y, it's probably bank high anyway!

Good luck with the PhD, does this mean you are going back to full time student life?

If you get a weekend window of opportunity and need to get away from the books give me a bell, I still wanna have a crack at them roach /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Thanks ****y, I'm glad you've listened to me...... those barbel need a rest and I'm sure it'll be unfishable for the rest of the season. Looking forward to my next trip. /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

(the fact that I've had more barbel from the Severn this year than from all my trips to the Dorset Stour put together may have something to do with my bias.)

ps.. All those barbel are the result of so much hard work, rivercraft and knowledge....... ****y's that is . Thanks.)

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
No worries mate. I should be able to make the next season but would have no doubt not been able to make Jan any way.

Good look with the studies.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
That's brilliant news (about your PHD), well done....I have no doubt you will pass with flying colours.....Dr. R. Fisk has a nice sound to it /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Bryan Baron 2 wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>As long as he does not get the rubber gloves out.</blockquote>
haha Bend over Bryan, ready for inspection/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Steve Spiller wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Good luck with the PhD, does this mean you are going back to full time student life?

If you get a weekend window of opportunity and need to get away from the books give me a bell, I still wanna have a crack at them roach /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif</blockquote>

Hi Steve,

Yes , back to being a full-time student but this time I get paid for it and will be lecturing undergraduates.

I will still manage plenty of fishing mate;the Spiller clan are always welcome for a fish up Wooza way and I must come and check out your Avon soon. I could teach you to roach fish!! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif<blockquote class=quoteheader>Claudia Crowther wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote><blockquote class=quoteheader>Bryan Baron 2 wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>As long as he does not get the rubber gloves out.</blockquote>
haha Bend over Bryan, ready for inspection/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif</blockquote>

LOL! I don't think they issue rubber gloves for a literature PhD!! /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Steve Spiller wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

If you get a weekend window of opportunity and need to get away from the books give me a bell, I still wanna have a crack at them roach /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif</blockquote>

Hi Steve,

Yes , back to being a full-time student but this time I get paid for it and will be lecturing undergraduates.

I will still manage plenty of fishing mate;the Spiller clan are always welcome for a fish up Wooza way and I must come and check out your Avon soon. I could teach you to roach fish!! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif<blockquote class=quoteheader>Claudia Crowther wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote><blockquote class=quoteheader>Bryan Baron 2 wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>As long as he does not get the rubber gloves out.</blockquote>
haha Bend over Bryan, ready for inspection/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif</blockquote>

LOL! I don't think they issue rubber gloves for a literature PhD!! /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Claudia,

I reckon Dr. ****y sounds better.

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Neil Maidment wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Thanks ****y, I'm glad you've listened to me...... those barbel need a rest and I'm sure it'll be unfishable for the rest of the season. Looking forward to my next trip. /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

(the fact that I've had more barbel from the Severn this year than from all my trips to the Dorset Stour put together may have something to do with my bias.)

ps.. All those barbel are the result of so much hard work, rivercraft and knowledge....... ****y's that is . Thanks.)</blockquote>

Neil,

You've got a better record on the Severn this season than most Severn anglers! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Drop me a line if you fancy a trip out before the end of the season. Mid-Feb til the close is best for me.<blockquote class=quoteheader>Bryan Baron 2 wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Good look with the studies.</blockquote>

Thanks mate. Hope to see you soon. Give my regards to Jim H when you see him.

Jeff Spiller

Reaction score
PDH Hmmm, hope your not going to grow your hair long and get a goaty, then start going on marches, holding up banners saying things like "stop cruel sport","down withfishing" and things like that !

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Were still coming up to get you anyway, you will need a break from all that studying, good luck with your DpH, just to give you hope, I have a level 2 NVQ and Ifyou need any help with your studying give me a SHOUT /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif.

Say hello to jim for me, hope he's doing OK.

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Jeff Spiller wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

PDH Hmmm, hope your not going to grow your hair long and get a goaty, then start going on marches, holding up banners saying things like "stop cruel sport","down withfishing" and things like that !

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif</blockquote>

LOL!! The long hair and goatee, I can just about manage! /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Cu soon mate, give me a bell when you fancy a trip out up this way.<blockquote class=quoteheader>phill mcguire wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

see you next summer with the real mr fisk

all the best mate</blockquote>

Cheers Phil, have a good Christmas matey.

Specihunter

Reaction score
Just remember to leave all your course work till the last second. I shall have to arrange another trip to the severn.