Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Northern Angling Show

Quote Originally Posted by markcw View Post
    A couple of the major companies like Daiwa and Preston Innovations have not been for the past two years. Roger Surgay was there last year doing a decent trade,but not this year. A couple of the smaller independent stands were complaining, A couple of stands left it to the very last minute to book and got a cheaper rate. Someone got charged 40 quid to move 4 pallets of pellets 20 yards. food and drink expensive as usual, 8 quid for hotdog and chips in a polystyrene tray, with all the bivvies and camping stoves etc on show it seemed like a camping exhibition.I am trying to talk the wife into going to the Yorkshire angling show at harrogate

EIGHT QUID for a sausage dog 'n chips!

You can be sure Binka wouldn't go to that show since he likes his sausages as it would have cost him a fortune !

Maybe he will reply to this since it involves sausages......wier et'a Ste? !

I walked over to the Trafford Centre for lunch. Seeing lots of people with bags from the show on the way over, I wasn't the only one.

Way more choice, and as cheap or as expensive as you wanted as pretty much every restaurant chain you can think of was there.

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs

I took butties and what seemed to be the equivalent of 10 quids worth of coffee in my flask. there was a charity stall there called Anglers Against Cancer, as well as selling tee shirts and a couple of other things, the were selling mugs with their logo on that had tea or coffee in them for a fiver, If you bought one, you had free refills during the day. they were doing a good trade.

Blog Entries

I went the year before and apart from meeting Jeremy wade the show was a complete disappointment. All carp and nothing else. Went to the greys stand and well all **** I mean carp rods. No korum or any coarse gear. Might try if finances are good look at the big show. And be disappointed with that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12