Oulton Broad

john r stockburn

Reaction score
has anyone on here ever fished Oulton broad for the bream ? I am thinking of having a trip in June and could do with some information

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I expect the bream anglers like to keep their locations secret..........just saying.:D

john r stockburn

Reaction score
I expect the bream anglers like to keep their locations secret..........just saying.:D

I had a trip there about eight years ago and settled on the waveny not on Oulton and all I got into were 4-5 pounders but in good supply

flightliner

Reaction score
Fished it many many years ago John.
From the bank in Nicholas everit park and also from what looked like a mill/ warehouse sort of structure opposite the park but for there you need a boat.
Lots of Medium sized Bream to about 3lbs at that time, mostly on worms or bread flake.
The dyke entrance was or a bad area too!

john r stockburn

Reaction score
Fished it many many years ago John.
From the bank in Nicholas everit park and also from what looked like a mill/ warehouse sort of structure opposite the park but for there you need a boat.
Lots of Medium sized Bream to about 3lbs at that time, mostly on worms or bread flake.
The dyke entrance was or a bad area too!

I have a boat , I bit the bullet and bought one because of the ridiculous hire fees and stupid terms of hire

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I fished all over the broads many years ago so not altogether up to date knowledge.

When at school we would have a twice annual sailing week on the broads which I used to love as I got to take a rod along.

We had one terrific master who would gather us together after supper and tell local ghost stories, many of which I remember today. . . . .

So, if you do take the trip make sure to try to get to see the flaming coach of Lady Evelyn at Potter Heigham bridge . . . .

Or the Drummer Boy skating across Hickling Broad (itself that used to be a good Bream venue) typically only seen in the month of February

And, one for my old friend on here, Nick Meling (the Monk) where at St Benets Abbey the Screaming Monk can sometimes be seen . . . . . he was nailed to the doors of the abbey by the Normans . . . .

There were many others and I still an remember laying in a bunk at night trying, unsuccessfully, to get to sleep after Mr Taylor's ghostly stories.