Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Oulton Broad

Default Oulton Broad

has anyone on here ever fished Oulton broad for the bream ? I am thinking of having a trip in June and could do with some information

Default Re: Oulton Broad

I expect the bream anglers like to keep their locations secret..........just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    I expect the bream anglers like to keep their locations secret..........just saying.
    I had a trip there about eight years ago and settled on the waveny not on Oulton and all I got into were 4-5 pounders but in good supply

Blog Entries

Fished it many many years ago John.
    From the bank in Nicholas everit park and also from what looked like a mill/ warehouse sort of structure opposite the park but for there you need a boat.
    Lots of Medium sized Bream to about 3lbs at that time, mostly on worms or bread flake.
    The dyke entrance was or a bad area too!

Quote Originally Posted by flightliner View Post
    Fished it many many years ago John.
    From the bank in Nicholas everit park and also from what looked like a mill/ warehouse sort of structure opposite the park but for there you need a boat.
    Lots of Medium sized Bream to about 3lbs at that time, mostly on worms or bread flake.
    The dyke entrance was or a bad area too!
    I have a boat , I bit the bullet and bought one because of the ridiculous hire fees and stupid terms of hire

Blog Entries

Just look for the places which are covered in lots of slime
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Keith M View Post
    Just look for the places which are covered in lots of slime
    If you do find any John say hello to Jerry -- he'll be sat somewhere near !

Blog Entries

I fished all over the broads many years ago so not altogether up to date knowledge.

When at school we would have a twice annual sailing week on the broads which I used to love as I got to take a rod along.

We had one terrific master who would gather us together after supper and tell local ghost stories, many of which I remember today. . . . .

So, if you do take the trip make sure to try to get to see the flaming coach of Lady Evelyn at Potter Heigham bridge . . . .

Or the Drummer Boy skating across Hickling Broad (itself that used to be a good Bream venue) typically only seen in the month of February

And, one for my old friend on here, Nick Meling (the Monk) where at St Benets Abbey the Screaming Monk can sometimes be seen . . . . . he was nailed to the doors of the abbey by the Normans . . . .

There were many others and I still an remember laying in a bunk at night trying, unsuccessfully, to get to sleep after Mr Taylor's ghostly stories.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus