Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  20
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Default Re: The Boddington fish in thread...

Quote Originally Posted by barbelboi View Post
    It's only light rain that's forecast Skip - think of the weather that Windy brought to the LIF all those years ago and we're still here to tell the tale...................
    Jerry....the MO was forecasting Biblical Tempest on Sunday at lunchtime. Its changed its mind now which is why I said there's plenty of time yet. The weather is so unpredictable atm...no rain forecast here this afternoon but I nipped up the TS and nearly had to swim home !

I'm still on medication for the nasty thing I caught a year ago and on top of that I caught something else a month ago that has knocked me flat and just will not get better.Given all that, much as I'd love to see everybody, I wont be going if the weather is dodgy.

I've had to pull out for reasons beyond my control and apologies have been sent to Simon, I wish you all tight lines and even if the weather is iffy you're still out there fishing which cant be bad

Is there anyone left??

Me too, my apologies but I’m unable to go. Car trouble as my wife drowned hers in the floods the other week so that and work has stopped me.

Me.
    Jerry.
    Skippy?
    Chris H
    John Step..
    Ian fishy catchy
    Wethrough Gordon .

Still a few coming...
    Last edited by peter crabtree; 12-10-2019 at 14:08.

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

If by Big Bloke you mean Big Phil then he's not going. He has done something to his elbow and cant use his arm.

I'm still hoping to go if the weather improves a bit but its not looking great. A later start might help.

Yes, the rain looks like it's at its worse early on, brightening up as the morning progresses.
    Good fishing weather though..

I'd have liked to come along and meet people, but with some of the chronic health stuff playing up and the chance of a soaking, I'll have to apologise and wish those who brave it the best of luck.

Sorry Simon, I didn't think I'd said anything remotely concrete with regards to coming. Unfortunately, my folks have disappeared on a holiday, leaving me as chief in charge of very elderly ailing relative. Much as I wish I could, there's no chance that I'll be there.

Blog Entries

Sorry that I won't be coming. I was intending doing some work on a river, but that's off as well now. I did a one last year about this time and caught a virus, after a week I was fine and went on the Test. BIG mistake, it clobbered me until Christmas and I missed two very important meetings. Just won't risk it these days, time is precious and there's always another oppertunity to fish somewhere. Have a good time all that are going, I wish you all tight lines.
    "I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!" - Theodore Roosevelt

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast