Northern angling show 2020

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Anyone going to the show next month at Event City near the Trafford Centre Manchester, If so come and say hello ,I am on the Get Hooked On Fishing stand, this is a charity that helps underprivileged children and families to get into fishing,

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
On behalf of Get Hooked on Fishing and Sarah Collins the CEO I would like to thank any members who turned up and had a go on the tombola and raffle, or if they had youngsters with them having a go on the games provided, such as trying to cast a hackey sack into buckets, put a ball into bucket or plant pot using a pole feeding cup, Thanks also to the exhibitors who donated prizes for the tombola, there were some brilliant prizes, also to the volunteers who went round the exhibitors asking for the donations, A special thanks to James from Cadence who supplied some 3 metre whips for tombola, also donating on both days 2 Cadence feeder rods and reels for raffle prizes, A total of around £1000 was raised for the charity over the weekend.Hugh Arnott was on the stand, he is trying to catch 60 different fish in 60 days starting september and October, the website for anyone interested is 60fishin60days@gmail.com Another special thanks must go to Marc the manager of Commonwood Fisheries near Wrexham, they have offered the fishery to GHOF for any outside events ,they wish to have, They also encourage kids fishing by providing whips and bait to have a free hour or so on a couple of small pools near the cafe, So if you are in the are call in, it is a good fishery.
Thanks again to all who helped raise money for a worthy cause.
I also bought a Lymm AC junior licence for tombola prize, It was won by a young girl from Stockport, The look on her face was priceless I hope she stays fishing over the years there are not enough kids in the sport at the moment, they need all the encouragement they can get.

Last edited: