Big one at Farnboro'

nottskev

Reaction score
I last went to a tackle show somewhere in Manchester in 2003. I don't feel ready for the next one yet.

nottskev

Reaction score
They used to have them at Haydock around then Kev,

I've got a feeling it was Stockport way? Definitely October 2003, though.

It was one of those where you go, thinking "Oh I'll look at some new rods and classy gear" but it's all tat, seatbox attachments and buckets of feeders. And loads of blokes dressed as if they were actually going fishing, not shopping - always tickles me, that.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Feel sympathy for the smaller one man traders who had planned to be at the show this weekend including my pal Nick Gilbert. Plenty of losses for many people as we head towards a complete shutdown.:(

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I've got a feeling it was Stockport way? Definitely October 2003, though.

It was one of those where you go, thinking "Oh I'll look at some new rods and classy gear" but it's all tat, seatbox attachments and buckets of feeders. And loads of blokes dressed as if they were actually going fishing, not shopping - always tickles me, that.

Dress sense is still the same at these shows, even the little kids are in camo.

nottskev

Reaction score
Dress sense is still the same at these shows, even the little kids are in camo.

Camo was in its infancy back then. But I do remember meeting hundred of blokes who apparently fished for Team Daiwa, Browning and Preston Innovations. Some even sported caps with big peaks to reduce dazzle in the exhibition hall.

steve2

Reaction score
Apart from the carp show this year I haven't been to one in years. In fact it must have been in the late 60's I remember talking to Fred J Taylor on one stall.
I do find it strange with all types of shows that we will pay to get in just so to spend more money inside.