Summer Thames Bream Fish In and Barbecue!!

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date
N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I've just been going through my bait store and I've enough bits and bobs of groundbait to sink the proverbial battleship.

What better way to use it all up than on a summer bream session on the Thames.

Anyone up for a get together on a nice stretch of the middle Thames somewhere early next season. The idea would be too meet up in the afternoon, bait up, have a barby/beers and then fish for bream into the night!!

Date : Saturday 27th June

There's a couple of stretches I have in mind where you can park up next to the river and I'll sort out details if anyone is up for it??

Please post if interested.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Ah marry good fcholar, 'tif a match.

"He who hath breamf in hif pondf may make hif friendf welcome."

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Fred, amended my initial post with a date - Saturday 27th June

F

Fred Bonney

Ok for me......so far, Nigel.

Do we have to fish for bream though! /forum/smilies/sick_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Not quite sure yet Paul But likely to be Henleyish sort of area.I need to speak ot Woody our resident Thames expert.

W

Wolfman Woody

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Fred Bonney wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Do we have to fish for bream though! /forum/smilies/sick_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif</blockquote>

Fish snob!

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

I will probably be in, Nigel. Are you thinking of Runnynose? Sorry, Runnymead?

You would be welcome on the Jubilee, of course. Very slow running, but there are some big bream in there now.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Thanks Jeff.PM sent.Jubilee could be interesting.

F

Fred Bonney

I never ever had a great affinity with bream Woody, since a reeled in a really big soggysack of a beast. Although, I did enjoy a 60lb plus haul in Ireland, a few years later.

They look like there's plenty of meat on them though, for the BBQ!!!/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Thanks for pointing that out Fred.Its a cook what you catch event!

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
I'm interested............

Until Speci adds his name of course./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Specihunter

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Mark Hewitt wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I'm interested............

Until Speci adds his name of course./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif</blockquote>i catch enough bream on the cherwell so i may miss this one plus i'm on nights and don't have a car so i'm going to miss this one .