The Keith Culley Memorial Match Clattercote 16.5.09

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date
N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Its only 2 weeks away now so thought it was about time to firm up the details.

There are 4 spare pegs if any one wants to come along.Please post below.

<u>DETAILS OF THE DAY </u>

The official draw time for the match on the Clattercote car park is 9:00

The start time for the match is 10:30

Finish time 16:30

Presentation and refreshments in the pub at 17:30

Details of the fishery + directions here Clattercote Reservoir

FISHERY RULES (Verbatim from the Clattercote Match Booking Form)
<ul>[*]Two keepnets are required, one for carp and tench, one for silver fish (or one for carp and one for tench if not targeting silver fish) [*]Weigh-in mats will be provided by the 'on-site' bailiff together with instructions on weigh-in procedure [*]Nets must be staked out properly [*]When weighing-in please avoid damage to fish [*]NEVER place fish on platforms or boards [*]Barbless hooks only - maximum hook size 8 [*]No braid is permitted as hooklength [*]All carp and tench must be land-netted. No swinging to hand [*]Waders will be needed when fishing later on in the year (ie, low water levels) [/list]BREAKFAST will be in the Brasenose Arms in Cropredy from at 745.

If you are coming down the A423 from Southam then take the first left off the A423 after the Clattercote turning towards Cropredy and turn right at the bottom of the road at a T junction and then follow the road into Cropredy until you see the pub on your right.

If you are approaching from Banbury turn right at a sign I think for Great Bourton and Cropredy.Go through Great Bourton and follow the road into Cropredy.Bear left at the bottom and the pub will be on your left.

If anyone gets lost ring me 07771 502510

I need to give some idea of numbers for breakfast.I've got 14 so far and if any one wants to be added to the list who has not posted on the other thread, please let me know by posting on here.

PRESENTATION ARRANGEMENTS

Same place from 17.15/17.30 ish after the match.Sausage and Chip nibbles courtesy of FM. FISHING ARE AS FOLLOWS

1)Fred Bonney

2)Nigel Connor

3)Graham Marsden

4)Scott Whatmore

5)Graham Whatmore

6)Jonny Northmore

7)Malc Doyle

8)Andy Nellist

9)Kevin Perkins

10)Pikey Paul

11)****y

12)Chris Bettis

13)Pons

14)Steve King

15)Neil M

16)Steve Wilson(Defending Champion!!!)

17)Gary Lark

18)Nick

19)Stu Dexter

20)Trev

21)Windy

22)Mark Hewitt

23)Mark's uncle

24)Murray Rogers

25) Simon Fell

26) Jeff Woodhouse

Any questions , please let me know.

S

Steve Wilson

can my friend join the match

hes not a member of FM but likes fishing Clatty

his name is ady williams

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Steve, no problem but can you ask him to join up?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"For the non map readers the pub

OX17 1PW"

And for the lake (if your name is Woody or Kevin)

NOF 1SH

[ insert U-No-Wot - - - - > H E R E ]

W

Wolfman Woody

Watch it Jacobs!

Kevin did catch a perch last year.
clateach025lrg.jpg

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Oi Woody . . . . fish identification was never your strongpoint, was it.

Perch, my eye, thats a chub!

Note to Kevin,

Blue and green is so last year!

Take a leaf out of Fred's book, dayglo orange for this year . . . . .

F

Fred Bonney

If it's going to be wet and windy as usual,I will be wearing dayglow again!!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Either that, or my Barbour Berwick/forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif

W

Wolfman Woody

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Peter Jacobs wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Oi Woody . . . . fish identification was never your strongpoint, was it.

Perch, my eye, thats a chub!</blockquote>

Definitely a perch. The robin sat on it thought it was too until Kevin caught it.

K

Kevin Perkins

So, it appears I have to take sartorial advice from Mr Jacobs, althoughI suppose with him having lived in Paris for so long that some haute couturemust have left its mark on him.Or was it that he left his mark on some haute couture.........

I will have to dig out my Barbour Northumbria jacket for thisseason's parade down the fashion runway that is theClattercote boardwalk. I'm surprised my choice of tonsorial cover hasn't attracted the wrath of Mr Clay's milliner, and I will confess that those aren't Ray-Bans either. (Although what I was doing wearing sunglasses at Clattercote is anyone's guess....)

I will try not to make so many fashion faux-pax this year and concentrate more on my blanking, it is what I am best at after all.

And I still saythat perch was the biggest I have ever landed........!!!

W

Wolfman Woody

(Although what I was doing wearing sunglasses at Clattercote is anyone's guess....)

Should have said you "were fishing <u>Incognito</u>"!

Might have got a free spool of line for dropping the name in there. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif I guess I might get it now! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Breakfast and presentation arrangements all confirmed by the pub.£5 a head for the breakfast.

I should have added that the after match refreshments( though sadly but understandably not the ale) will be provided by Fish and Fly.

W

Wolfman Woody

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Graham Whatmore wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Mr Marsbar always buys the first round, did you forget that Nigel?</blockquote>

ONLY if you let him win the match!

I'm using bare hooks again, it's worked in the past.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Don't forget that if anyone wants breakfast who hasn't already let me know needs to do so ASAP.

I will contact the bailiff to see what pegs we have.Hopefully the usual.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Have the little darlings spawned yet? Or are they waiting for the our day?

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Graham Whatmore wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Mr Marsbar always buys the first round, did you forget that Nigel?</blockquote>

Only when I win, so if you want free ale for the first round this year you'll have to let me win again. Any other winners are too tight.

And they call me McWallet!