Catfish Fish-in 2010 late August or give it a miss this year ?

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
I've just had a wasted journey down to Naseby. I found the water ok, but after half and hour of driving round looking at from a number of roads I couldn't find any access points.

I've had good study on google maps, and have now found it. Its the entry to a nearby land fill site, that has a small lane that continues down to water. Sign posts would help............?

I'll try and get back down there (now I know where to go) before the end of the week.

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
A little bit of knowlage is a dangerous thing.

Drove right past the entrance to the 'Biffa' site as I 'know' thats the land filll access (may well be finished and covered over now) and off to where I knew the place to be. I was right, I could see it - just not get to it!

Sometimes its better if you don't the place at all, then you tend to do a little more research before setting off.

Windy

Reaction score
Good shout.
I'll bung Nick a message
Don't have Trevs address / PM to hand myself, someone else bung him one ?

Last edited:

just trev

Reaction score
I've just had a wasted journey down to Naseby. I found the water ok, but after half and hour of driving round looking at from a number of roads I couldn't find any access points.

I've had good study on google maps, and have now found it. Its the entry to a nearby land fill site, that has a small lane that continues down to water. Sign posts would help............?

I'll try and get back down there (now I know where to go) before the end of the week.

There is also a particularly nasty speed hump in the entrance road that is not very easy to see so be warned.

I have fished Naseby Resi a few times for the cats but they are very few and far between, the place is stuffed with large roach and there are some nice carp in there also a few sizeable pike.

Most anglers fish from the dam wall (it is a shortish walk of about 300 meters but it is very windy and difficult to land fish from due to the rocks and stones.

Pitsford is also a bit of a naff venue for something like a social, can I suggest Dog Lane at Napton it has a car park right next to the specimen lake, smooth flat grass banks and you will be able to see each other from any swim on the lake as it is about the size of a couple of football pitches. It is stuffed with Carp and it holds about a dozen Catfish to my knowledge.

Windy is correct in what he says about the CCG catfish website and some of the others as well, they dont really like newbie anglers posting for info for venues to hold social events.

I belong to a seperate Catfish specific website and we will be holding a small social at Dog Lane in the summer.

Windy

Reaction score
Dog Lane good to go for me...

Oh, and when did your change your Nick to 'just' Trev....?
No wonder I couldn't find you looking for Trev simpliciter.... great to hear from you and that you might be in.

Now where's Claudia ? Or is family and other stuff still tying her up.... And if he's not completely tied up with finding out about girls since puberty kicked in I can perhaps offer Christian a lift up, get as many of the 'usual suspects' in for it as poss :).

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Howdy all.
I was lure fishing on a stretch of canal the other sunday,when i got talking to a canal carp angler who also fishes up and down the country for catfish as well,Naseby res was mentioned.
He told me there are cats believed to be 70lbs+ in there and told me an experience him and some other folk have about someone who caught and was playing a carp,when it was taken by a big moggie.The cat surfaced with the carp clamped in its jaws and eventually let go,the cat was estimated at over 70lbs and the carp was landed and weighed at 6lbs!!!
As far as space goes,Naseby would be the best choice,it has a good head of back-up fish,plus the fact it`s only 30mins from me ;)
At the end of the day,i just wan`t to bloody catch one.....it don`t have to be the size of the kraken !!! and if it`s up my way or down south,then so be it.
Count me in !!!

PS.... I have Trevs mobile number,i can text him and make him aware of this thread and if need be,keep him abreast of details.
One other thing.....Mr Shimano says "More bloody stew please" !!!

Last edited:

Windy

Reaction score
I don't think it's the same Trev Windy

Ah.
Apologies to both if I have unintentionally offended.
Seems to be my function on FM this last few days or so :w:wh

---------- Post added at 23:02 ---------- Previous post was at 23:00 ----------

PS. If I give Christian a lift then I won't have sufficient space inside the car, but I can always perhaps strap Mr. Shimano to the roof bars ?