Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Default Catfish Fish-in 2010 late August or give it a miss this year ?

Hi all,

Just canvassing opinions (or lack thereof) in relation to whether or not we want the annual Catfish fish-in to continue this year, or whether we should pass on it this year in the context of the major commitment of manpower and resources to the Marsbar bash in 16 / 17th July ?

If anyone is interested for this year I had in mind

a) making it a bit later in the year, August 20 - 22nd or 27 - 29th perhaps, with a view to hitting Cat friendly really hot 'n humid weather and

b) seeking a more Midlands friendly venue north of the M25 than has hitherto been the case - suggestions welcome as I have burger all local knowledge of that area.

Or is it better just shelved for this year and revived in 2011 ?

I'm happy to organise if there is some interest, as an event always close to my heart and the first FM event I ever attended way back when. I have had a free ride to date care of other people's hard work organising, my turn to reciprocate perhaps.... ? Or simply not for this year ?

PS. Thinking back over previous Catfish fish-ins, has anyone seen or heard from Christian lately ? Or has he now encountered the full range of interests that come with puberty... ?

Cheers all, and hope (fingers crossed) to be able to make it up to the Marsbar Wicker man do in any event.
    PaSC (failed).
    Officially warranted Weather Jonah.
    £5 ransom by Paypal NOW or I will attend your fish in !

Evan,
    I mentioned a catfish weekend to Cakey only this week, he was keen. I think in light of other events mid to late august would be best. I'm happy to research some venues in the midlands area.

Good man !

Local knowledge much appreciated, though there is a lot of Midlands.... and for the purely selfish reason of being able to afford the petrol to get there (unless some new employment suddenly appears on the horizon) I was thinking Milton Keynes-ish / certainly somewhere below Watford gap ?.

t'would be good to keep it going, especially as I am still a Catfish virgin after all this time.... then again, once a year, I'm hardly dedicating myself to it ! But that's half the fun, fishing for something completely different from my usual comfort zone.

"certainly somewhere below Watford gap"

Down south then?

Seriously, there's a good few venues around Northants, Bedfordshire & Bucks.

I am interested , depending on dates & venue .
    The future has a way of arriving unannounced .

How about beaver farm Les?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hewitt View Post
    How about beaver farm Les?
    Wash your mouth out that man .
    Spit , spit , thats better .

A maybe then?

If we can get half a dozen or more interested, we can start the search for a venue.

The other one was a great little water , but not up north and probably to late to book now .

.........Elphics?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast