Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fox Barbel Duo Floodwater rod 12foot 2.75lb
ARD008
NOT THE DUO LITE

Paid around £140 about 5 years ago still has shrink wrap handle hardly used
Probably the first barbel rod to be specifically designed for floodwater fishing, on both large and small rivers.
The powerful test curve makes it the perfect tool for hit and hold snag fishing!
This model has a solid 2.75lb top section and lighter quiver top which comes complete with 4 interchangeable tips. Features exclusive FOX-DS16
Lined Fox Sliks, ceramic lined guides highly durable even when used with braids.
FOX-DS16 16mm reel seat.
Yours for £90 including courier or £75 collect

fred hall

Reaction score
Fox Barbel Duo Floodwater rod 12foot 2.75lb
ARD008
NOT THE DUO LITE

Paid around £140 about 5 years ago still has shrink wrap handle hardly used
Probably the first barbel rod to be specifically designed for floodwater fishing, on both large and small rivers.
The powerful test curve makes it the perfect tool for hit and hold snag fishing!
This model has a solid 2.75lb top section and lighter quiver top which comes complete with 4 interchangeable tips. Features exclusive FOX-DS16
Lined Fox Sliks, ceramic lined guides highly durable even when used with braids.
FOX-DS16 16mm reel seat.
Yours for £90 including courier or £75 collect

Curses-paid a bit more than that on ebay a few months back!!!
In case anyone is considering taking up this offer may I say that this is IMHO an excellent rod. Besides barbelling on the Ribble I've used it for "snag" carp fishing on a local lake (you present a bait right against a large weed bed, the carp grab the bait and try to charge into the reeds, this rod can stop them). The only thing I don't like about the rod is the hook keeper just above the handle. I'm forever scratching fingers on it.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Too many rods your Lordship, all of them are the rods that may come in handy, but never seem to get used!

Thanks Fred for the extra plug, part of the reason,i've held onto it is that it is an alrounder, but as said, it just hasn't been used.
I bought it to fish the tidal Trent but still use my Nash rods.