bob james mk IV avon split cane

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
richard walker/bob james split cane mkIV avon, in straight/mint condition with cloth bag
seems to retail for £395, but aint looking for that, so make an offer, location wise its richmond surrey

barbelboi

Reaction score
I may know someone that could be interested but only if it's one of the earlier versions with a trumpet or onion handle.
Jerry

B

Berty

..................................................................................changed my mind

ljm183

Reaction score
richard walker/bob james split cane mkIV avon, in straight/mint condition with cloth bag
seems to retail for £395, but aint looking for that, so make an offer, location wise its richmond surrey

PM Sent , how much ?

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
thanks for the interest chaps, soz I am a luddite so no pics, anyways its got burgundy whipping, first and last eyes have inserts, the butt cap is an oversized mushroom shape in a pink colour, and I think a fair price is £275

wot say ye

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
soz for my mistake and ignorance folks, any chance of educating me about the rod

barbelboi

Reaction score
Apparently, "B. James of Ealing" was one James Bruce, who went on to found Bruce and Walker, who still make some rather tasty rods.

Nearly there Alan, it was my local shop in the 50's. James Bruce Snr used the 'B James' reversal as a business/trade name. It was his son, James Bruce Jnr, who later formed Bruce and Walker with Ken Walker in the 60's. As far as I know JB Jnr died in 2000 and Ken Walker still keeps an eye on the business that is run by his daughter and her husband.
Jerry

---------- Post added at 18:57 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

soz for my mistake and ignorance folks, any chance of educating me about the rod

B James and Son made around 15,000 MK1V Avons so there a probably still many around in varying condition. A top notch un-restored rod would obviously fetch top dollar (especially one of the few either personally made by DW, then one of the early one's personally signed by him - not transfer) , the price would then drop depending upon the year/handle type/condition.
Jerry

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Thanks, Barbelboi! There oughta be a law against giving your son the same name. Most confusing, ask any medievalist. Centuries of Richards, Henrys and Edwards, all known by their numbers...hopeless.

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
nice one jerry, mucho appreciated
anyways wotever it is its in mint condition, so is anyone interested in making an offer, if not I'll put it back in my tackle room

many thanks for the info chaps