Triac Wagglers Floats

Reaction score
4D449176-16B4-4832-B2FD-4F930D74B6EF.jpgAC687C3C-15F4-4DD7-AEAD-8636A576CD56.jpgB24BA494-F8B8-4B66-AA2E-E0EC094C5F5C.jpg

Here for sale is a set of mbfishingproducts handmade, carbon stemmed waggler floats

Innovative shape and design

Unique camo pattern

Push on line guides

Ask yourself a few questions, does a float have to be round? And is it efficient?

The answer is no.

Round floats are are fit for purpose and easy/cheap to manufacture but they are also a victim of surface tension in the water resulting in missed and rejected bites.

Our range of ‘Triac’ floats exploit the surface tension of the water due to their unique shape you will get a better strike ratio resulting in more fish in the net!!

These are not a gimmick, they are the result of of research, development and field testing on many rivers, ponds and canals by different anglers across the uk

£13 delivered (uk only)

thecrow

Reaction score
View attachment 5517View attachment 5518View attachment 5519

Here for sale is a set of mbfishingproducts handmade, carbon stemmed waggler floats

Unique camo pattern

Push on line guides

Ask yourself a few questions, does a float have to be round? And is it efficient?

The answer is no.

Round floats are are fit for purpose and easy/cheap to manufacture but they are also a victim of surface tension in the water resulting in missed and rejected bites.

Our range of ‘Triac’ floats exploit the surface tension of the water due to their unique shape you will get a better strike ratio resulting in more fish in the net!!

These are not a gimmick, they are the result of of research, development and field testing on many rivers, ponds and canals by different anglers across the uk

£13 delivered (uk only)

Deleted...............

Last edited:

chrissh

Reaction score

Unique camo pattern

Push on line guides

The answer is no.

£13 delivered (uk only)

I have 3 set of theses floats the waggler, stick float & surface mushroom and can recommend them
There a good float cast nice easy to see at a distance and good on choppy water
The only thing I would have like was a different colour tips in the set which I think they are doing now.

http://[url=https://postimg.cc/image/nv0jfk5dz/] [/URL]

http://[url=https://postimg.cc/image/hjvbyyoo7/] how do you print screen[/URL]

flightliner

Reaction score
Chrissh-- I bet there were a few guys down at AS fisheries that asked a few questions about the waggler s!

sam vimes

Reaction score
So as not to provoke the wrath of PC, this is taken from the HDYGO thread
On The EBay site they are described as pole floats!

Mike, remind me not to include you in a spot the difference competition.:p
Look closely and you'll see a certain difference between the Triac pole floats and the Triac stick/bolo floats in Flightliner's post. However, I'd happily use the bigger Triac pole floats for running line work on flowing water.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think Glenn has done a fantastic job of these floats, the time and effort put into making each float, not to mention the time he must have spent on developing them makes the price he's charging a pittance!
When I used the ones he sent me they proved to be super senstitive and showed even the shyest of bites.
I have mentioned them on river fishing pages on facebook and have passed a couple of mine on to other float fishermen for them to try in an attempt to bring them to peoples attention. Once people start to use these floats and see how good they are a lot of people will be giving them a try....imo they really are great floats and I would recommend any angler who likes his float fishing to add some to his/her armoury :).

I don't know what weight the poles floats take but if they where made to carry around 4, 5 and 6 grames they would be great for trotting. Those carbon stems work great in the river as the floats don't flatten out as they tend to do with thicker stems.
For faster choppy water it might be worth Glenn repacing the carbon stem with a wire stem for stability....just a thought.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have 3 set of theses floats the waggler, stick float & surface mushroom and can recommend them
There a good float cast nice easy to see at a distance and good on choppy water
The only thing I would have like was a different colour tips in the set which I think they are doing now.

http://[url=https://postimg.cc/image/nv0jfk5dz/] [/URL]

http://[url=https://postimg.cc/image/hjvbyyoo7/] how do you print screen[/URL]

Thank you for the post and positive feedback Chris

Keith M

Reaction score
A

Unique camo pattern

Push on line guides

The answer is no.

£13 delivered (uk only)

Before I start; Im not trying to question the viability of your floats; in fact I love your Stick/Avon floats and even the ones that could be used under the tip of a Pole on running waters.

However having fished for many decades with wagglers on many different types of stillwaters and in most situations; I fail to see any advantage of using wagglers (which are primarily designed to be used on stillwaters) which have both an upper body and a lower body regardless of their profile shapes.

I should imagine that casting any real distance with a two bodied waggler would be quite a task, even more so if you have any wind to contend with.

Wagglers are nearly always attatched at the bottom only and on the strike the float tip will usually just collapse, and putting another body at the top of a waggler would just be adding unnecessary bulk.
The only exception that I can think of is when a very small sight tip is used above the water.

However i can see that your body shape would present less resistance on the strike and I can also see the advantage of having a shaped body (and possibly a shaped stem) on a waggler which is designed to combat surface tow and keep the float still in a wind on a stillwater; such as a semi-loaded Onion waggler or a wind-beater.

The aim of such a float would be trying to minimise surface drift caused by wind, which is trying to push the float downwind, and maximising any undertow, which is trying to push the float body in the opposite direction; therebye cancelling out any movement of the float or even getting the float to drift along with the undertow (which would be more natural); plus on the onion float; having the weight in the bottom of the float to aid accurate casting of any distance in a wind.

Fig: A standard (semi-loaded) Onion Waggler (some have insert tips) which is great for fishing at range both in or out of wind.

NB: I’ve highlighted ‘semi’ in ‘semi-loaded’ to emphasize that the ‘onion’ is not a fully loaded float and is only partially loaded.

If you do decide to make such a float I would love to test it for you; although it is still possible of course that your body profile may not work in this situation after all, but it might still be worth trying.

Keith

Last edited:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I’d like to purchase some of these Triac stick floats but not able so far to make any contact either by his FB Page or pm here.

Glenn if you read this please get in touch.

Reaction score
A

Before I start; Im not trying to question the viability of your floats; in fact I love your Stick/Avon floats and even the ones that could be used under the tip of a Pole on running waters.

However having fished for many decades with wagglers on many different types of stillwaters and in most situations; I fail to see any advantage of using wagglers (which are primarily designed to be used on stillwaters) which have both an upper body and a lower body regardless of their profile shapes.

I should imagine that casting any real distance with a two bodied waggler would be quite a task, even more so if you have any wind to contend with.

Wagglers are nearly always attatched at the bottom only and on the strike the float tip will usually just collapse, and putting another body at the top of a waggler would just be adding unnecessary bulk.
The only exception that I can think of is when a very small sight tip is used above the water.

However i can see that your body shape would present less resistance on the strike and I can also see the advantage of having a shaped body (and possibly a shaped stem) on a waggler which is designed to combat surface tow and keep the float still in a wind on a stillwater; such as a semi-loaded Onion waggler or a wind-beater.

The aim of such a float would be trying to minimise surface drift caused by wind, which is trying to push the float downwind, and maximising any undertow, which is trying to push the float body in the opposite direction; therebye cancelling out any movement of the float or even getting the float to drift along with the undertow (which would be more natural); plus on the onion float; having the weight in the bottom of the float to aid accurate casting of any distance in a wind.

Fig: A standard (semi-loaded) Onion Waggler (some have insert tips) which is great for fishing at range both in or out of wind.

NB: I’ve highlighted ‘semi’ in ‘semi-loaded’ to emphasize that the ‘onion’ is not a fully loaded float and is only partially loaded.

If you do decide to make such a float I would love to test it for you; although it is still possible of course that your body profile may not work in this situation after all, but it might still be worth trying.

Keith

Hi Keith, The wagglers i have designed are intended for still waters but i am looking into adding both loaded and onion wagglers to my range. I would be happy to forword you a sample for to try when they are finished, hopefully you would then see the benefits of my triac shaped design.
Regards, Glenn

Reaction score
I’d like to purchase some of these Triac stick floats but not able so far to make any contact either by his FB Page or pm here.

Glenn if you read this please get in touch.

Hi John, Apologies for the late reply, i have responded to your pm.
regards, Glenn