Sonic fishing tackle

hamish999

Reaction score
Hi i am thinking of giving fly fishing a try
What does anyone think about the Sonic fly fishing kits sold by Fishing Republic please

stuartpengs

Reaction score
I will also vouch for Sonic fly rods the SK 4 series are superb to use I have the 3-4 weight version which I use with a wf4 line and it is truly one of the finest dry fly rods I have had the pleasure of using and despite having rods from more famous makers it is the sonic that tends to be the one I reach for first.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Good rods by all accounts. But the thought of casting a tiny dry fly on a crystal clear glide with 'Sonik' rod just dosn't seem right somehow. Whatever next; a 'turbofly' reel, 'extreme speed' waders maybe?. Or why not go the full hog, truly break the sound barrier, and complete your set up with a 'rapier' creel stuffed with 'mach 10' fly boxes??

Matthew Nightingale (ACA)

Reaction score
I know that their light spinning rods came out top in a recent (ish) T&S tackle test so that's an indicator for quality and performance of the brand.

Steve Appleford

Reaction score
I will also vouch for Sonic fly rods the SK 4 series are superb to use I have the 3-4 weight version which I use with a wf4 line and it is truly one of the finest dry fly rods I have had the pleasure of using and despite having rods from more famous makers it is the sonic that tends to be the one I reach for first.

I bought a SK4 after a recomendation from Alan its 5/6 # and very happy with it Steve.

dezza

Reaction score
For your info, Sonik is run by a couple of guys who used to be on the board of Hardy. They know what a good fly rod is all about.

I couldn't recommend their rods more.

pikingpirategramps

Reaction score
I use a sonik sk4 8ft spin rod for my perch and pike fishing it's fantastic best rod I have ever owned it's tippy but gets a lovely bend with a 10lb pike on it I'm planning on getting the sk4 fly rod for my fly fishing and expect it to just as good

dezza

Reaction score
Good rods by all accounts. But the thought of casting a tiny dry fly on a crystal clear glide with 'Sonik' rod just dosn't seem right somehow. Whatever next; a 'turbofly' reel, 'extreme speed' waders maybe?. Or why not go the full hog, truly break the sound barrier, and complete your set up with a 'rapier' creel stuffed with 'mach 10' fly boxes??

Don't be bloody daft!

bigsean

Reaction score
just been on fishing republics site and they have, adder, and viper fly fishing kits ..... are any of these any good? and have fishing republic stopped stocking the sonik brand that the original question was about?

sonikthesedgehog

Reaction score
I bought my Sonik SK3 9ft 6in rod and a Sonik cassette reel with four spare cassettes, pre-loaded with Sonik floating, intermediate and sinking line with braided loops for £149.99 and am very happy with it. :)

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

A bit sarcastic there Ric ;)

---------- Post added at 06:22 ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 ----------

For your info, Sonik is run by a couple of guys who used to be on the board of Hardy. They know what a good fly rod is all about.

I couldn't recommend their rods more.

I thought that Sonik where just another ''cheap'' brand till I read an article on the company. seems like the guys left hardy to set up Sonik because they did not like how their old company was being run.

red creel

Reaction score
Cannot vouch for their fly rods but have a Sonik spinning rod and one of their continental beachcasters, good gear at sensible price's.