600+ fly fishing venues

Chris Loveys

Reaction score
For some time now I have been building a datababase of all the fly fishing venues in the UK. Currently I have basic location details on over 600 lakes, rivers and streams and I am adding more every day. I am also adding more detailed information to each venue to enable intelligent searching (eg where can I sneak off to on my way back up the M5 from that meeting in Exeter? Or where can I actually find some *!*?!* grayling?).

There are other such 'places to fish' sites I know and some of the Scottish ones are really very good, but none covering England & Wales seems aimed specifically at flyfishing, none is anywhere near complete (particularly regarding rivers) and none provides intelligent searching.

You can see how I am getting on at http://www.FlyFishingVenues.co.uk So far I have got up to the letter 'O' in terms of adding the detail but I expect to finish by mid December.

I would really welcome any suggestions for venues to include (especially rivers), any corrections to the information I have and any feedback regarding the features of the site, ease of use etc...

Thanks in advance
Chris Loveys
http://www.FlyFishingVenues.co.uk

S

shakey jake

i caught my first greyling on the river rother at north mill in midhurst if thats any good (2lb cracking fish)

S

shakey jake

also do you know anything about argal reservoir its near falmouth in cornwall. i want to start fishing it coz it has a couple of 40lb carp init apprently. but i dont know nothing about it

Chris Loveys

Reaction score
Shakey,
I will add Grayling as a species to R. Rother. Thanks for that. Sorry, I have nothing on Argal res.
CL

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

All that comes up when you search is :

Search results
Microsoft SQL Native Client error '80040e57'

String or binary data would be truncated.

/list.asp, line 323

Chris Loveys

Reaction score
Sorry about the error - a bug in the database coding - now fixed.

I will add Argal Reservoir once I have researched it. I am the first to admit that even with 647 venues I still have a long way to go....

Rgds
CL

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Fred
I meant a search on the site itself ...