River Goyt

Geof

Reaction score
Anyone been out on the Goyt this year?Had a few smaall fish and 3,5lb brownie today.Anyone else?

Geof

Reaction score
I would be interested to see how it goes as don,t often see anyone on the bank.Best of luck.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
I fish it at least once a week Geof, often twice.

There are loads of people coarse fishing, certainly at Otterspool and Warth Meadow.

That's a cracking Trout, did you catch it on bait?

Morespiders

Reaction score
Yes Ric, there was one fishing at Otterspool sat in the river quivertipping,and two youths at Brabyns,they knew it was the closed season, said they were fishing for trout.With meat and bomb. wheres the E.A.at w/ends? could make some real money if they tried.Must be at least a ?200 fine no licence and fishing out of season.

Geof

Reaction score
Hi folks.Caught it on Greenwells spider pattern,size 16.On a DNMAC stretch.Got a pic,poor quality as fish tired and did not want to remove from water.Thumbs down to closed season fishing.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Congratulations Geof. My best Brownie on fly from the river is 1.08, but I have had a couple of Rainbows over 2lb.

Morespiders, it wasn't you I was chatting to at the Otterspool 'car park' on saturday afternoon was it?

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Cheers for email Ric, i can't wait for Sat now!

I could do to get hold of some of them spider flys now. why do tackle shops not sell fly gear?

Reaction score
Had a walk up to Chadkirk the other day. More people fishing at Otterspool than in the open season! Mind you them new dry fly porky pig feeders seem very popular!!!! Anybody been on the Etherow above Brabyn's recently?

Morespiders

Reaction score
No Rik.Was he talking sensible, if he was it wasn't me. Wendy stop using Spiders immediatley, or I wont tell you where to catch a 6lb tench .Cant the E.A. be notified Rik its so blatant.No Posh Paul.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Ric ,do you know BBH 's e-mail add he's E.A. bailiff round there.(BBH of the barbel world website)

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Wow, what a beautiful fish! I'm well looking forward to going there Sat now. Nice picture Geof.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Nice fish Geof, saw a young lad catch one about two and a half on maggot before the season ended full of milt lovely dark red colour. Put it back unharmed as well.

Geof

Reaction score
Thanks folks!Never used to be one to show off till got the internet..Best of luck you all.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Wow, what a fantastic river the Goyt is. I had my first ever brown trout, my first ever rainbow trout,and my first ever Grayling.

Ric you were a superb guide, thank you so much :)

Thank you for showing me how to roll cast as well that helped me loads.