Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Bully Guest

Peeps, some advice is needed.

A friend is putting in a bid on a property in Cornwall. He needs to generate some revenue and was thinking of a B&B, using one of the other buildings. The reason he called me was that it had “400m of private fishing rights”.

Anyway I popped round tonight and it turns out it is a salmon and sea trout river with “3 named pools”. A club offered the previous owner £50,000 for 10 years rights to fish.

He was a bit unsure about anyone tramping around his property, so was interested if he could tie up fishing days with B&B. His main question was how much he could reasonably charge for a days fishing.

It is the River Camel, which I think exits in Padstow.

Any ideas/views??

Thanks.

Bully

Shrek Guest

I fish on the River Wye at Bigsweir, just down river from Monmouth. I belong to a syndicate there and can fish 1 Saturday a month for the season which costs me £137. A beat for the day is £50 for two rods.

Depending on how well the river fishes, you could easily charge anything up to £200 per beat per day. Take a look at some of the top Scottish rivers and see how much they charge.

Also, it would be well worth your while asking the same question on www.flyforums.co.uk.

Try and find out how much the beats above and below are charging and price accordingly. Alternativly offer the club the lease on a shorter time frame retainning a couple of tickets for guest.