Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: The Holy Grail?

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA) Guest

Has anyone tried the Airflo Sixth Sense fly lines?

Even Charles Jardine is endorsing them. They are claimed to be low stretch with zero memory!

I'm thinking of ordering one.

Shrek Guest

As with all AirFlo lines, the floaters have more memory than the oldest elephant in the world, but all the sinkers are excellent, especially the slow and fast glass lines!!!!

If this is their grooved line I Do know that there have been many complaints on how easy the line becomes dirty.

This is due to silt, sand, mud and surface scum getting into the micro grooves. It will because of its design become dirty very quickly as opposed to a normal rounded line.

Once the grooves become filled with dirt it must lose its so called advantage of cutting through the air more efficiently.

A friend has to clean his three or four times in an eight hour session because it struggles to glide through the rings, it becomes what you might call sticky.

And why on earth do they show Matt Hayes in the advertising when he cannot cast to save his life?
    The older I gets....the heavier it was .... Old farts rule OK

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one) Guest

Simply because he's 'a name' ......

Shrek Guest

BC, their grroved line is the Airflop Ridge Line.

Granville Manzden has one and likes it, I think......

Like Rissole.
    The older I gets....the heavier it was .... Old farts rule OK

Actually I have respect for Charles Jardine, I don't think that he would endorse a fly line that was ****.

No, it's not the "Ridge Line" but I know that MacWallet has one and is very pleased with it.

I've used Airflo Lines for years, some like the sinkers and Di Lines - excellent! In fact I was partly instrumental in getting lots of them sold in SA, but that's another story.

You are right BC, MH is the worst caster I have ever seen in my life. What he knows about fly fishing is bloody dangerous!

He's about on the same level as HRH Prince Charles, and that tells you a story doesn't it.

And there are two other characters who also can't cast yet achieved fame from a series on TV years ago.

I like the Ridge line for casting but otherwise it's much too stiff and coils badly after only a short time on the reel. You have to stretch it before every use.

I wouldn't buy another one and prefer the Snowbee XS to any other I've tried so far.

The big difference with Airflo lines and others is that they use Polyurethane as a coating over the core. The rest use Polyvinyl chloride (PVC)

Blog Entries

"Simply because he's 'a name' ......"

Well Ed, what can you say?

Oh, I know . . . . Tackle Tart!

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus