Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Jon Mathias Guest

Dear All

I am planning to rent a cottage for a couple of weeks in Normandy this June and am hoping to do some dry-fly river fishing for trout.

I have only been fishing for a season and that on stillwaters only so I'm hoping to avoid heavily overgrown riverbanks.

Can anyone suggest suitable tackle, locations, links to French websites etc?

Thanks for your help
    Jon

Jon Mathias Guest

Having been overwhelmed by the volume of replies to my query, can anyone suggest a fly fishing website with a more active membership?

Gerry Castles Guest

Normandy is not top of everyone's list as far as venues go, so instead of berating everyone for not having the answers to a fairly obscure question, why don't you do a little work for yourself. I went to www.google.com and typed in 'flyfishing France', it gave me a whole load of leads and useful sites. Why didn't you do the same?

Terry Mann Guest

Jon,
    Have a look at the Fish and Fly website,Jon BEER contributes to the site and has done a number of articles in Trout ande Salmon about fishing in France.He is contactable through the site and you could also post your request on the forum.
    I have met Jon and he is a nice bloke with a wealth of knowledge ,I'm sure he will help.