Press Manor In May

William Burns

Reaction score
I wish to try and make the Fishing Magic trout fishing day at Press Manor in May but have no way of getting transport there.Is there anyone in the North Wales area that could help me and pick me up as I would pay for the inconveinience.

You can always contact me by e-mail if you wish.

S

Shrek

On a previous thread, William mentioned that he is in Wrexham.

William Burns

Reaction score
Hows the weather your end Adrian,really rough here,gale force winds and bad showers.Would not like to fish today believe.

Waiting for my bull mastiff picture to upload but the only one I could put on there is where he is 4 months old and now he's 9 months as the others were too big in kb's

William Burns

Reaction score
Where about do you live Morespiders as I hope it's not too much out of your way.

How muchmoney would I needand tackle for the Press Manor Adrian and is there any way of finding out more about it?

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Standard res gear will surfice. 7wt floater all you really need. Buzzers and damsel nymphs seem to be very effective.

Hope this helps.

William Burns

Reaction score
Thanks Bryan,I only have a 8wt floater, will that doand a selection of flies whichI cant remember halfof therenames

S

Shrek

William,

There's more information on Press Manor here:

Press Manor Fishery

As for weather, I fished on Saturday on the Wye just down river of Monmouth and that was windy enough for me. Strong upstream wind that made casting a double hander quite tricky at times.

As for tackle for Press Manor, there's a few of us who take spare tackle for others to use or just try out. If you make it, you're more than welcome to borrow a lighter set up from me to see how you get on with it. You might actually find it easier, especially with your damaged shoulder.

William Burns

Reaction score
Just been on the site and watched the short clip,I did notice he was using figure of eight retrieve and my favourite fly-Diawl Bach.I do believe in using a un-hooking mat as I bought a small carp one so I could use it for fly fishing;although it still hasn't had atrout on it yet lol.IALWAYS catch and release only.All hyped up now but up to now I think there is not any members who live in my area,fingers crossed.

It's nice of you tooffer to borrow a lighter set up to meAdrian as I thought an 8wt was the one to get but it is a bit strong for the smaller fish I would of thought.

William Burns

Reaction score
hi Bryan,if there is someone on this forum who can pick me up then I'm sure I will have gained a lot of knowledge about fly fishing from the experience off you guys,unless you all throw me in lol

I will have a look at public transport on the net too as I would love to be there,living in wrexham everyone fishes in places I dream of,never learned to drive at all.

Rich_

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>William Burns wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I wish to try and make the Fishing Magic trout fishing day at Press Manor in May but have no way of getting transport there.Is there anyone in the North Wales area that could help me and pick me up as I would pay for the inconveinience.

You can always contact me by e-mail if you wish.</blockquote>
Hi, I live in Colwyn Bay and interested in going so could give you a lift as well, I might be working on the 10th so will let you know either way later today or tomorrow.

William Burns

Reaction score
Hi Rich,dioch for offering to pick me up as I've been endlessly worrying with sleepless nightsthat someone on the forum lived in my area,your a star-hope you can make it.Wales is a fantastic place to fish as you have beautiful scenery too,but without transport or freinds who fish then it's hard mate.

Bought some czech nymphs yesterday,amazing how realistic they look.

Thanks again Rich-tight lines

Morespiders

Reaction score
No Gary, you weren't invited this time, sorry. Graham think's he has a better chance if you dont come. Plus you wont get no tips from Ron.

S

Shrek

Also, we don't have to suffer the "aroma" from your worsening medical condition..........!!!!

William Burns

Reaction score
Hi guys,hope I can make it but now I have extra expenses as after 3 years I'm going to be a daddy,just found out an hour ago.

Worried too cause what aroma would that be lol