Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I wish to try and make the Fishing Magic trout fishing day at Press Manor in May but have no way of getting transport there.Is there anyone in the North Wales area that could help me and pick me up as I would pay for the inconveinience.

You can always contact me by e-mail if you wish.

Where in N/ Wales do you live Bill?.
    Perch and tench record holder, and ACA member for twenty years, and Treasurer of P.A.S.C.

Shrek Guest

On a previous thread, William mentioned that he is in Wrexham.

Hi Morespiders,I live in Wrexham unfortunately for me lol

Cheers for that Adrian,you have a good memory,any tips lol

Hows the weather your end Adrian,really rough here,gale force winds and bad showers.Would not like to fish today believe.

Waiting for my bull mastiff picture to upload but the only one I could put on there is where he is 4 months old and now he's 9 months as the others were too big in kb's

Where about do you live Morespiders as I hope it's not too much out of your way.

How muchmoney would I needand tackle for the Press Manor Adrian and is there any way of finding out more about it?

Standard res gear will surfice. 7wt floater all you really need. Buzzers and damsel nymphs seem to be very effective.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Bryan,I only have a 8wt floater, will that doand a selection of flies whichI cant remember halfof therenames

Shrek Guest

William,

There's more information on Press Manor here:

Press Manor Fishery

As for weather, I fished on Saturday on the Wye just down river of Monmouth and that was windy enough for me. Strong upstream wind that made casting a double hander quite tricky at times.

As for tackle for Press Manor, there's a few of us who take spare tackle for others to use or just try out. If you make it, you're more than welcome to borrow a lighter set up from me to see how you get on with it. You might actually find it easier, especially with your damaged shoulder.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast