press manor and carsington

lee fitzjohn

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Having recently moved to derbyshire (matlock), ive decided to do something ive been wanting to do for years. Ive packed away the carp gear and converted to fly. I live only a few minutes away from press manor so will be fishing there. Has anyone got any specific tips or local knowledge they wish to share? I will be going for the first time in two weeks (once ive got the last of my gear). I've been on the Press Manor website and seen some info on other threads, but any further help would be great.

I'll be trying Carsington Reservoir from time to time as well so if anyone has any info on that it would be much appreciated.

I'm surrounded by bits of paper with scibbled notes about fly fishing on, so any other general info would be gratefully apprecited.

Cheers in advance for any help!!

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
Have a chat with Redcloud and Robbo of the forum, they have been doing alot of Flyfishing on the Press most of the winter. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Come along to the fish in at press manor you will learn loads. Check it out in the events forum. Only a few weeks away.

clam

Reaction score
Some good fly fishing to be had on the river Derwent around Matlock and the Wye towards Bakewell/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

CAT

Reaction score
Carsington is fishing its head off at the moment producing some nice fish, since Phil Stratton took it over last year he has been stocking Rainbows more predominantly and there are quiet a few over wintered ones now and boy do they go well, its worth a visit, fish the hot spots, like fish tail creek, Upper fields bay, and Millfields, they all hold fish.

For floating line and buzzer fishing the fish seem to come on the feed arround evening time till then i fish a DI3/7 depending on the area im fishing, Fishtail creek is very deep but holds the bigger fish but you have to get down to them /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Press is well stocked you can walk round it all in 10 minsgood place to perfect your buzzer fishing.